Joint pain can occur when the cartilage is in a typical breakdown. The surrounding cartilage needs to be in good shape for muscles and bones to work as we expect them to. If this is not so, people will experience constant pain from a particular movement and have limited mobility. The most common symptoms of joint pains are stiffness, swelling, warmth around the joint, and sudden pain after a workout.
Many types of research show that this kind of pain can result in many other complications. That’s why it’s essential to know the causes and find a way to reduce this joint pain. Many treatments are available for joint pain, including medications, physical therapy, and surgery. This article will discuss the different ways you can take care of joint pain.
Joint pain statistics
Joint pain affects more than 51 million people in the United States. It also affects 26% of adults over the age of 65. Arthritis is one of the most common chronic diseases that people suffer from, and as many as half of these individuals are not adequately managing their symptoms. The National Institutes of Health have reported that arthritis pain can be debilitating and interfere with daily activities such as working, exercising, carrying out household chores, and even sleeping at night.
Types of Joint Pain:
We can categorize Joint Pain into three different types – Acute, Chronic, and Arthritis (which refers to inflammatory diseases). No one knows the cause of arthritis, but theories propose that as people get older, their joints begin to degrade over time, and it becomes harder for them to move, which might cause joint pain.
Here are many different types of joint pain, but they all have their own unique set of symptoms.
- Musculoskeletal pain is a common type of joint pain affecting people of different ages worldwide. They are ubiquitous among people who have jobs that require physical labor, such as those employed in the construction industry or farming. Globally, more than one billion people suffer from musculoskeletal pain, which is expected to increase in the coming years.
- Osteoarthritis is a type of arthritis that causes stiffness and swelling in joints. Other types of arthritis include rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. It is a common condition that can affect people of all ages. The most common types of arthritis are bursitis and tendonitis. These can also be caused by various factors, including injury, overuse, or age-related wear and tear.
How to take care of joint pain?
Joint pain is a common condition that many things can cause. The first step in taking care of joint pain is to diagnose the cause. It is essential to identify the reason for joint pain to determine the best treatment method. It is necessary to know the cause of the joint pain to understand how to treat it. QC Kinetix (Sherman), based around Texas, offers innovative treatments to manage your joint pain effectively.
There are many ways to take care of joint pain.
- First, you should try to avoid what may cause joint pain – like sitting for long periods or bending your joints too much.
- Second, you should do exercises that help strengthen your muscles and keep your joints flexible – like yoga or Pilates.
- Third, you can take over-the-counter medication or get a prescription from your doctor to help manage the symptoms of joint pain.
The first thing you should do when you experience joint pain stops the activity that caused it. The next step is to take an over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen or acetaminophen to help with inflammation and pain relief. Lastly, you should consult your doctor to determine what type of treatment might work best for your condition.