Table of Contents
Does Snapchat Have A Dark Mode
In today’s era of technology, most people prefer dark themes over light themes as it helps in reducing the eye strain that we get through the light strain that can damage our eyesight because we use our phones maximum in the nighttime. When it was introduced for the first time in 2019 that everybody tried to jump on this technology as it was high in demand by the users.
Do you know how to turn on the dark mode on your devices on the Snapchat app, if you don’t know you don’t have to worry we’ll tell you everything step-by-step? In this post, we are going to discuss how to enable dark mode on Snapchat.
Here’s How To Enable Dark Mode On Snapchat (2022)
If you want to enable dark mode on Snapchat, there are two ways to enable it one is from the app itself or one is from the system’s settings. However, Snapchat does not allow you directly to enable dark mode, on android but you can directly turn on the dark mode on your iPhone. Let’s see step by step how can we enable dark mode on Snapchat.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON SNAPCHAT ON YOUR iPHONE
Here are the steps-
- First of all, go to your Snapchat icon, and log into your account.
2. Then tap on your Bitmoji, and your Snapchat profile will be displayed, there you have to tap on settings.
3. After that, a screen will appear, where you will see different options under different headings.
4. In one of those options, you will see a heading “My Account”, under this heading you will see an option “App Appearance”, tap on it.
5. Again a screen will be displayed where you will see three options to turn your Snapchat app to the dark mode, light mode, or a matching system.
6. Now, you have to tap on the “Always Dark”, and now your Snapchat will turn to dark mode.
These were the easiest steps through which you are able to turn on the dark mode on Snapchat. Now, you can use your phone at the night as well without any eye strain that might affect you in different ways like strong headaches, eye pain, watery eyes, and many more. Now, let’s dive into the step-by-step guide to turning on the dark mode on Snapchat on android phones.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON SNAPCHAT ON ANDROID PHONES
Here are the steps-
- First of all, open your system’s settings and scroll down till the end and you will find the last option “About Phone”.
- Then, tap on “software information” on the displayed screen after tapping on “About Phone”.
- After tapping on software information you will be directed to a screen where you will see various options, from which you have to choose “build number”.
- After finding the Build number tap this option seven times continuously.
- Now, you have enabled the developer mode on your android device.
- Now, move back to the settings home page, and scroll down till the end you will see the last option as “Developer options”.
- After tapping on this option you will see a huge list of various options, in which you have to find “Force Dark Mode”.
- Toggle on that option and you are done.
Note- This method may not work on every android version, you can just try this method out if it works for you then well and good, but if does not work, then there is no other method rather than installing the APK version of Snapchat, for which the link is mentioned below.
There is something to keep in mind that android does not have a direct way to enable the dark mode, but there might be other ways that you can use such as installing the APK version of Snapchat on your android phone from here. You may skip out on new traits if you use this method, but that’s a sacrifice you will have to make to get Snapchat’s dark theme instantly. The only method with which you can enable your dark theme on Snapchat on your android phone is by turning on the “forced systemwide dark mode”
What Is The Ideal Time To Enable Dark Mode On Both Android And iOS
As such, there is no prescribed time to enable your dark mode on your android or iOS device, but it is usually preferred to turn on the automatic dark mode on iPhone, meaning the dark mode will be enabled immediately from the automatic dark mode option, you can also schedule the dark mode timings from the given option custom schedule. Now if we talk about android again there is no such prescribed time to enable the dark mode on your device or on Snapchat, in android also you can set the time at which you want to turn on the dark mode or you can manually turn on the dark mode from the notification panel for directly from the system’s settings. Let us discuss the steps of turning on the dark mode through the system’s settings.
Here are the steps-
- First of all, go to the system’s settings, where you will find the option “Display”.
- Tap on that option, and there you will see two options of light and dark under the heading themes.
- There, tap on dark, and your whole system’s theme will turn dark from light.
- And, you are done enabling the dark mode on your system.
These were the easiest steps to turning on the dark mode on android for the whole system.
Other Apps On Which You Can Apply Dark Mode
You might be wondering that is there only the Snapchat app where you can turn on the dark mode, but you’re wrong here, there are many other apps on which the dark mode can be turned on. Such as Instagram, Whatsapp, and all the other apps on your phone including messaging, contacts, and much more. The method of turning on the dark mode is the same as turning on the dark mode for the whole system on your android device.
This was the information about dark mode on both android and iOS, give it a try, and do tell us about your experience in the comment box. I hope you liked this article and it might help you in solving your problem regarding this topic, if you still have some questions left you can ask us in the comment box.
Till then Happy Learning!