In the era of social media, Snapchat is one of the best platforms for its users. This app allows us to make and snap, pictures or videos and we can share them with our friends in the form of streaks. Streak maintainers can feel the pain when they are not able to maintain the streaks. So, when we receive the other snaps we have a default notification of Snapchat on both Android as well as iOS.
We, sometimes want to change the notification sound of Snapchat specifically as we might get bored with one sound, but do you really know how to do this trick on your android phone as well as your iPhone? In this article, we are going to discuss how can we change the notification sound of Snapchat. Without taking much time let’s dive into the further part of the article.
How To Change Snapchat Notification Sound
There can be two methods of changing the notification sound on android, the methods of changing the notification will be discussed below, to know in detail about these tricks just continue reading the article.
How Can We Change Snapchat Notification Sound On Android
There can be more than 2 methods of doing this trick on your android phone, that can help you in changing that old annoying notification sound on your phone. Let’s start knowing and performing the steps one by one.
Method 1 – You Can Change The System Notification Sound
Here are the steps-
- First of all, go to the settings of your device or system that you have with you.
- Then, tap on sounds and vibrations.
- After that, go to notifications sound.
- From there, you can choose the sound that you like for your notifications.
- And, you are done changing the notification sound of your android system.
These easy steps can help you in changing that annoying notification sound on your device. There is another method to do this trick which is by changing the Snapchat notification sound. Let’s dive into the steps of this trick.
Method 2- You can change the notification sound on Snapchat
This method is very interesting as it allows you to change the notification sound of specifically the Snapchat app, without disturbing the notification sound of other apps on your device. By specifying the notification sound of Snapchat you can easily classify or recognize the Snapchat messages from the other apps. But there is a thing that you have to keep in your mind that is-
This method might be not functional in all the android versions, if your android version is 10 or above, then only you can change the Snapchat notification sound specifically. Otherwise, this method would not work.
Here are the steps-
- First of all, open the settings of your device.
- Then, go-to apps and notifications.
- After that, go to apps and choose Snapchat.
- Then, select app info and then tap Notifications.
- Then, find the Snaps and chats option.
- Now, under the notification category, select Advanced
- Then, click on the sound option and select the notification sound of your choice. You can also set a song as your notification sound by tapping on the ringtone from internal storage.
- There can be another name for this option which is Add notification.
- After that, when you have selected the notification sound tap OK.
And now, you are good to go. Your notification sound has changed for the Snapchat app only. These steps will only change the notification sound for the Snapchat app.
How To Change Snapchat Notification Sound On iPhone?
So, if we talk about changing the notification sound on your iOS device or your iPhone, sadly informing you that there is no such method to change the notification sound on your iPhone yet. As iPhone has its default notification sound for Snapchat.
As I told you that there is no option to change the notification sound on iPhone, but there is a method through which you can change the audio or video calls ringtone of Snapchat. There is no default ringtone set for Snapchat by the creative team, so whenever you will get a Snapchat audio or video call the ringtone will be the same as your ringtone of all your other calls. You might think that we can change the notification sound of WhatsApp and Facebook on the iPhone but why not Snapchat? this was the answer to the question that I mentioned above, i.e. it is the default tone set for the iOS and we cannot change that tone according to our choice.
There are some steps by which you can change the ringtone for Snapchat audio or video calls on iOS, here are the steps-
- Firstly, go to the settings of your iOS device.
- Then tap on Sound and Haptics.
- Now, under the category of Sounds and vibrations, You have to change the sound under the heading Ringtone, you can choose the ringtone of your choice from a big fat list.
- Remember that this ringtone change will not only applicable to Snapchat, this will be applicable to the whole system’s ringtone.
And, you are done changing the ringtone for your iOS with these easiest steps.
Also, read- How to Share Youtube videos directly on Snapchat.
You Know! sound plays a crucial role in the Snapchat app. If we would customize the Snapchat sounds, it will be a very powerful tool in modifying a more involved experience. As soon as this update will launch we would surely inform you of every detail of this topic.
I hope you liked the article and it might solve your problem. If you still have some questions you can surely ask us in the comment box.
Till Then Happy Learning!
Frequently Asked Questions