Publicizing and privatizing your accounts on social media has been a very common activity for the past few years, you might have tried to do this on Snapchat and did not succeed, don’t worry we’ve got you covered, just continue reading the article.
In this post, we are going to discuss how to make a public profile on Snapchat, there are many new features launched with every update on Snapchat. Now, with the latest update, you can make your profile public with very easy steps. Let’s dive into the methods and their steps one by one.
Here’s How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat
There are two methods of making your profile public on Snapchat, one is by going public from your current private profile and another method is by creating a new public profile on Snapchat. These two methods have quite different steps and we will discuss each of them one by one. But make sure your app is updated to the latest version of Snapchat to do this trick otherwise you will not be able to do this. You have to check whether this update has reached your region or not, if not you will have to wait for this feature to reach your region. Let’s get into the steps.
GOING PUBLIC WITH THE EXISTING PROFILE
Here are the steps-
- First of all, open the Snapchat app on your device and tap on your Bitmoji to go to your profile.
- There you have to go to the settings which are on the top right corner of the profile screen.
- Now, a list of options will appear from there you have to tap on the “who can” menu.
- In this option, there are a few changes that you have to make, they are-
- Contact me– Everyone
- See my location– Everyone
- Use my cameos selfie– Everyone
- See me in Quick add– Turned on
- View my story– Everyone
- Send me notifications– Everyone
5. Now, close the Snapchat app and reopen it after refreshing your device.
And, you are done going public with your Snapchat profile and now anyone can contact you and have a check on you.
Also, see: How Long or When Messages Expire on Snapchat
“CREATING A NEW PUBLIC PROFILE ON SNAPCHAT”
Here are the steps-
- First of all, you have to open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Now, after making the changes you will see a new option which is “Add to Snap Map” under the heading “Add to my story”.
- There, tap on the three dots beside the Add to Snap Map option and then click on “Create Profile” on the next appeared screen.
- After that, Snapchat will brief you about the public profile.
- Now, to move further tap on the continue option at the bottom of your screen.
- Then, tap on the “Get started” option which is on the following screen, and now a pop-up message will appear.
- In that pop-up notification tap on “Create” to guarantee that you want to make a public profile.
- Now, the app will direct you back to the settings and you will see a new menu named “My Public Profile”.
- Click on it to get started with your new tier 1 public profile.
And you are done creating a new public profile on Snapchat with these simple and short steps. Do try these steps if you have this update on your device.
Do You Know The Difference Between Going Public And Creating A New Profile On Snapchat
If we talk about the difference between going public and creating a new public profile, the first main difference is going public with the existing account will not help you to reach a newer audience, it will connect friends of your friends but nothing more than that, whereas creating a new public profile will help you to reach new people and you can expand the list of your viewers and subscribers.
Going public on Snapchat will allow you to suggest your profile to anyone you know and they can be associated with your friend circle on Snapchat. Whereas creating a new public profile will be available or accessible to everyone, regardless of whether you know the person or do not know the person that has subscribed to you or viewed your story.
Both sides of this platform will let you promote your talent, or you can also start making some interesting content that the audience will love to watch.
What Are The Benefits Of A Public Profile
To your knowledge, there are various kinds of public profiles on Snapchat, that are used by the different creators on different tiers. There are a few benefits that are listed below, let’s have a look.
- Highlights section
- Your name will be visible on all snaps posted publically.
- There will be a subscribe button for your viewers.
- Your lenses will also be made public.
- Exposure to content added to Snap Map and Public Stories.
So How Can I Delete A Public Profile
Deleting a public profile isn’t that complicated, it can be done in a few steps. Just follow these steps if you want to delete your public profile.
Here are the steps-
- First of all, open your Snapchat app and go to your profile section by tapping on your Bitmoji.
- There, you have to tap on the settings which are on the top right of the screen.
- At the bottom of the Settings page, you will see an option, “Delete Public Profile”, tap that option.
- There, tap delete again to reassure that you want to delete your profile.
And, you are done deleting your public profile on Snapchat. But always remember before deleting your account that, deleting your public profile will delete your all public content on Snapchat.
ALSO, READ– Check out how to view a snap without opening it.
So this was all about making a public profile on Snapchat, I hope you all liked the post and the information it gave you, if you still have some doubts left you can surely ask us in the comment box.
Till then Happy Learning!