6 Ways Small Businesses Can Build Their Brands With Social Media Marketing
Did you know that one out of five small businesses fail within the first year of entering the market?
Let that sink in.
Of course, we don’t mean to discourage you. We just want to give you the lay of the land so you can make better choices for your venture.
One tried and true way to ensure your company survives and thrives? Building a brand identity.
Table of Contents
What Is a Brand Identity?
In a way, your company’s brand identity is your brand’s personality. It conveys who you are, what you stand for, what value you bring to the market, and what sets you apart from your competitors.
And it does all this with visual elements like fonts, images, designs, etc.
6 Creative Ways To Build a Strong Brand Identity
These strategies will help distinguish your brand in the minds of your consumers:
1. Engage With Your Audience
Interacting with your audience has the potential to improve your revenue.
If you don’t know how to keep your audience engaged, PosterMyWall’s social media marketing templates can get you off to a good, easy, and affordable start.
Be sure to combine it with these strategies to up your social media game:
- Create a content strategy and post at the right time. Prioritize quality over quantity as an overload of irrelevant content can tank your engagement.
- Establish yourself as a thought leader by posting informative articles based on your niche.
- Employ user-generated content. It’s been known to offer a 29% higher engagement rate.
And remember, don’t leave customers hanging. Respond to DMs, comments, emails, story mentions, etc., at your earliest convenience. It will give your prospects a positive experience and create an opportunity for you to connect with their networks.
2. Work on Your Brand Voice
Brand voice is the personality of your brand when connecting with customers. It can be peppy, serious, trustworthy, and so on, depending on which products and services you offer.
Most importantly, it must be consistent across all your business activities, so it won’t confuse people and their perception of what you stand for.
Remember, people want to do business with humans, not bots. So, work on humanizing your brand with personable content to forge lasting relationships.
3. Create a Memorable Logo
Seventy-five percent of people surveyed said they recognize a brand by its logo.
When coming up with a design, make sure the design is compelling enough to create easy recall in the minds of consumers. Then, find ways to incorporate it into every element of your business from your packaging, shopping bags, goodies, etc.
Remember, people must be exposed to your brand 5 to 7 times before they can associate it with your company.
4. Maintain Consistency in Visual Design
Are you familiar with the art of color theory?
Humans are visual creatures. When we see a design, our minds associate the colors with the feelings it generates which can influence our buying decisions.
Blue, for example, is a non-threatening hue that triggers feelings of calmness and serenity. On the other hand, black is ominous — but not overly so. When marketed the right way, black can project a picture of elegance, power, and sophistication.
So, pick colors that create visual familiarity. This can be tricky, so consider using Canva to reduce the trial-and-fail process. Once you’ve chosen a distinctive style, use it consistently across platforms to send a clear message.
5. Make Relevant Connections with Influencers
Sixty-one percent of people trust influencers’ recommendations.
Leverage that by connecting with influencers and bloggers in your industry. These partnerships and collaborations can effectively drive traffic to your social media accounts and website. Once you’ve attracted your prospect’s attention, work on maintaining it with compelling content to influence their buying decisions.
6. Most Importantly, Use Platforms That Perform
Social media platforms are a dime a dozen, but you don’t have to be on all of them.
Do your homework to determine where you can find your target audience. This lets you invest your time and money in the right places to ensure optimum engagement.
Here’s a quick look into major platforms that perform:
- Facebook: If you want to reach a wide audience, Facebook is the place to be. It helps you connect with customers via posts and reviews while displaying key business information such as your address, products, and upcoming events.
- Instagram: About 130 million users tap on a shopping post on Instagram. So, use eye-popping visuals. PosterMyWall has a vast collection of Instagram post templates you can use to increase your click-through rate.
- TikTok: Short-form videos on a hyper-personalized platform like TikTok is the quickest recipe to success. So, keep up with the trends, and you might just create a viral post that gets you tons of engagement.
- Twitter: With 330 million active users (monthly), Twitter is the go-to place for interacting with customers directly.
It’s also a good idea to post content on Pinterest and YouTube. They’ve proven their mettle in engaging audiences of all kinds which is always a plus for any business.
Take Home Message
Keep in mind that building a memorable brand identity takes effort. You can’t expect overnight results so be patient and consistent. If you have a limited budget for your brand-building programs, look to online tools like PosterMyWall for help.