The Discord was released or came up in the year 2015 and it has been in the craze for the past few years. This app was so much in craze during the lockdown period especially. It is a great app for having fun, communicating with people for gamers. This app has incredible features like free voice, video app, and messaging.
If we talk about the traits of discord it newly launched the Go Live feature and it will permit users to interact with themselves. It will help them in having the best experience for them. The thing you need to understand is whether virtual reality applications and games can be streamed by the users or not.
It has many qualities and yes, you can also stream VR on discord. But do you really know how to stream VR on discord? Don’t worry I will let you know every detail of this in the coming content, so stick your eyes to the article and continue reading it.
Now, talking about virtual reality it is really developing, and in order to integrate a communicating platform into VR devices to aid better knowledge for users. On Discord, users can also use the live feature of the app and share their VR screens with anyone with whom they want to be friends. So let us how to stream VR on discord.
Do you know How can we Stream VR on Discord?
Our first question was can we stream VR on Discord. The answer to this question was yes. Yes, we can stream VR on Discord. Now the question is How? But before that let us understand a few more things about Discord.
The go-live feature on Discord was created so that the users can have the best experience. This feature is used by businesses all across the for interaction and business development separated from gamers.
You can install the discord app for free and you can also create a server that can have up to 2,50,000 members and 25,000 online users.
Although, there are several steps by which you can stream VR On Discord but you have to follow some steps to do that-
- First of all, you have to install the Discord app on your device.
- Then create or build a server and add your friends, you can manually add your friends and share the link with your friends.
- Then, you have to install stream VR and you have to choose a game that you want to stream with your friends. Make sure that in the background your Stream VR is running.
- Then, after this step, launch your game, now you can go ahead to the discord to start your live streaming, and then discord will show your game in the navigation panel of your server.
- Now, tap on the STREAM ‘GAME NAME’ and you will be directed to a pop-up that will ensure the beginning of your stream.
- Then click on STREAM.
Remember that your game might break sometimes or discord might stop. That is the reason that it is preferred to manually launch the stream VR first and then you need to make sure that it is running before you start the game and then start streaming the game.
Do you know you can also Stream VR with the help of Casting?
Before going into the concept do you know what is the meaning of casting? The process of projecting that is seen on the VR headset to the PC in order to share and live stream.
You can do it in multiple ways, with the help of chrome cast and also by using the oculus casting website, and can also be done with the help of audio and webcam gadgets.
But the most effective way to use this is by oculus casting and if you don,t know how to do that I will be telling you the steps to make your understanding easier.
- First of all, you will have to visit the Oculus casting website with the help of your browser.
- Then, you will have to log in to your account, it can also be done by using your Facebook account or also your associated oculus.
- Then, tap on the share and cast options that are in your headset and start to find the computer as one of the options in the list.
- Then tap on Computer, and now you will be directed to your PC and it will also include the audio.
Another method is also there if this method doesn’t work for you. That method is you need to-
- By starting the virtual desktop that will be there in your oculus app.
- After that when you will open then you need to click on the virtual desktop menu.
- Then you need to navigate the settings and this will enable the audio to pass through on the headset in the virtual desktop setting.
How to Stream VR on Discord with Audio?
There might be some cases where your audio will not be working due to some steps performed in launching the stream. You can solve this issue by following the steps that are listed below-
- Make sure that you are starting StreamVR before launching the game.
- Then you need to find a tab in the Stream VR settings that will allow you to set audio to a primary device so that you can use that audio in your VR headset audio.
- After setting your audio you need to launch your game.
- At this time you have to ensure that you start the game before you begin to stream in discord.
- When you will start the stream you will get the option to choose what to stream.
- Then choose the game and you will be directed to a pop-up window in order to assure the beginning of your stream.
Note: Probably in this case when you launch the Stream VR with the game you might lose the audio of the game when you are streaming.
So this was all the information on how to stream VR in Discord. If you have any doubts or queries you can ask us in the comment section, we will definitely answer your all questions.
Till then Happy Learning!