There are many social media platforms that are used by millions of users across the globe one of them is Snapchat which is known for its filters and streaks. Recently, Snapchat has updated the app after launching the app it will crash for some time and this was more than frustrating for the regular users.
Then again Snapchat updated its app and then they fixed this particular bug to solve this problem of the Snapchat lovers. In this article, we will learn about fixing the crashing problem of Snapchat on both iOS and Android.
Sometimes when your Snapchat crashes there might be a chance when your Snapstreak gets lost, this is very saddening for those people who are maintaining the streaks for so long if their streaks get disappeared or broken. Don’t worry you can retrieve your Snapstreak back, if you want to know how you can read the article here. How Can You Recover The Lost Snapstreak Originally?
Here Are Some Reasons Why Your Snapchat Crashes Frequently
There might be some reasons that cause your Snapchat to crash, let’s find out some of the problems.
- You might be running the old version of Snapchat.
- Your cache file might be completely packed.
- VPNs might cause problems that are working in the background.
- You might not have a reliable internet connection.
- There might be some problems with Wi-Fi settings.
- Your Android or iOS version might be old.
- Snapchat servers might be down from the status.
These were the possible ways that can cause your Snapchat to crash, now let’s learn the ways to fix these all issues one by one.
So, How To Fix Snapchat After Crashing?
In this portion of the article, we will discuss the fixing methods for crashed Snapchat.
1.) Shut down the Snapchat app and re-open it
- First of all, open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Now, on the next page, click on the “Apps” option
- Then, choose Snapchat and then click on Force Close option.
Now, you can reopen the Snapchat app and I wish you will not get the “Snapchat Keeps Crashing ” again.
- Swipe up the screen from the middle bottom, if you have the older version press the home button.
- There you will see the preview of the apps that you have opened previously, you have to swipe up to clear it.
- You can swipe up all the apps so that they don’t interfere in the conflict with Snapchat.
- And, when you are done closing all the apps from the background, re-open the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
I wish you will not get the “Snapchat Keeps Crashing “ again.
2.) Clear Snapchat Cache Files
This crashing issue is might be taking place because of the filled cache storage. You will have to clear all the cache and this will remove and reset all the settings on the app. All the Snapchat-related data will get deleted.
Here are the steps-
- Open the “Settings” app and tap on the “Apps & Notifications” option.
- Now, tap on the “See all apps” link to appear the all apps which are available on your iPhone.
- Then, find out “Snapchat” in the list and click on it
- Now, n the next page, click on the “Storage & Cache” option.
- Further, tap on the “Clear Cache” option to delete the “Snapchat cache files” from your device.
3.) Uninstall and reinstall the Snapchat Once Again
If the previous two methods did not help, then you must try this method of uninstalling and reinstalling the Snapchat app on your device. You have to remember that if you delete or uninstall the Snapchat app once, all your Snapchat data will be erased from your device.
- Find out the Snapchat application and long-press it by holding the icon and the results will be displayed on the top of the icon.
- There you will see an option of uninstalling the app, tap on it and confirm it by pressing ok.
- Now, your app has been deleted from the device, and you can reinstall it from the play store.
- Find out the Snapchat icon on the Home page of your device.
- Then long-press the Snapchat icon.
- Now, you will see the lists of menus, there you have to tap on the remove app option.
- And, wait for a few seconds, your app is uninstalled from your device.
- Now, you can go to the App Store and reinstall the Snapchat app from there.
4.) Update the Snapchat Version
If still your issue is not resolved you can try to update the Snapchat app to the latest version from the app store or play store. This might helps you to stay away from the unwanted problems on Snapchat. If you have updated your phone’s software but forgot to update the Snapchat app on your device then your Snapchat might crash.
- First of all, open the “Play Store” on your Android phone/device.
- Then, type ‘Snapchat‘ into the search bar and then choose the Snapchat official app.
- Now, on the next screen, tap on the “Update” button to install the current updated version of the app.
- Now, open your “Snapchat” and review that it will be resolved the ‘Snapchat keeps crashing‘ problem.
- The foremost step is to go to your “App Store.”
- Now, click on your “Profile Icon” in the top right corner.
- Then, scroll down and find the “Snapchat” app.
- And, then click on “Update” next to ‘Snapchat’.
5.) Check Your Internet Connection
This issue might be raised due to the bad internet connection on your device. Try restarting the internet connection or disconnecting the wifi then reconnecting it to your device.
Now, there are some possibilities that your issue might be resolved.
6.) Reboot or Reset Your Device
When you have tried every possible way to resolve this issue, you can try one more way by resetting or rebooting your device. This step will also solve this issue and will also improve the performance of your device.
- Long press the power button on the left side of the device.
- now, you will see the 3-option menu from where you have to select the restart option.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes to start your phone.
- After a few minutes, your device will be ready to use and I hope that your issue will be resolved now.
- Long press and hold down the “Power” button for a few seconds.
- As appear the “Slide to Power Off menu”, release the power button.
- Now, you have to drag the slider left to the right direction, and then your iPhone will be shut down.
- After a few seconds, long press and hold down the “Power/Side button” once again until the “Apple” logo appears on the screen.
These were the possible fixes for Snapchat crashing messages. Try these ways if you are facing this issue, I’m sure you will be able to get rid of this problem with these simple steps.
I hope these steps helped you in making your Snapchat as it was earlier, do tell me your experience with the above methods and you do not have to try all the given methods if your issue is resolved with one method only. You can try every method if your issue is not resolved.
I hope you liked the article and this might help you in getting the answers to your questions, if you still have some questions you can surely ask us in the comment box.
Till then Happy Learning!