Do you know how to delete USPS account? United States Postal Service(USPS) is a self-subsistent branch of the federal government accountable for providing Postal Service in the United States. The USPS manages the mailing of letters and packages, sorting and delivering mail, and selling postal products like stamps, mailing supplies, and remembrances.
You have to create an account on the website to use its services and sometimes some people might want to delete their account on this portal and might have also tried to do this many times but failed to do it every time. So, In this article we’ll discuss the easiest steps to delete the account of USPS.
How To Delete USPS Account | 5 Steps To Delete It Permanently
There is no such direct way to delete USPS account, but you can perform some secondary tricks to do it. There are 2 indirect ways to do it, “One is by mailing them via email” and another way is via the “Contact us page on the USPS website”. Let’s know the steps of these tricks one by one.
1. How To Delete USPS Account Via Email
Let me tell you that this is the easiest method to delete an account on USPS, you just have to send an email to [email protected]. You can just write the subject as a request for deleting my account and frame the body of the email specifying that you want to delete the account on USPS.
Here are the steps to send the email for deleting the account-
- First of all, open your email account that is documented with the application or website.
- Now, write an email and enter the email address [email protected]
- Then, on Subject, you have to Type “Request to Delete my account”.
- After that, write an email bidding them to delete your account from their records, and to brush all your information with them, if they have any.
- And, send them this email, and your account should be deleted within 3-4 business days.
These were the super easy steps of composing an email to the USPS and getting your account deleted by them. Then there is the second method of getting your account deleted on USPS which is by approaching them on their contact us page.
2. How To Delete USPS Account Via Contact Us Page
Another way of getting your account deleted on USPS is to contact through the contact us page. The contact page of USPS is quite complicated and it demands a specific issue or problem before accessing or filling the contact form. There are a few simple steps that can be followed to solve this issue, you just have to read the below-mentioned points and perform them.
Here are the steps to do it very easily:-
1. Visit the “Contact Us” page from here and then, you’ll be redirected to the contact page of USPS.
2. Then, Tap on “Email Us” which is in the centre of the page.
3. Click on “USPS.com” which is on the bottom-left section of the Email us page and Tap on “My online account.”
4. Now, tap on “Others” and a pop-up menu will be shown where you will have to provide your username and date.
5. In the section for “Additional information”, you have to write a request to delete your account and make sure that you have an honest and genuine reason for deleting your account.
6. In the end Click on “Next” and now a form will appear which you will have to fill and submit the request of deleting your account on USPS.
And, now that you have filled out the form and completed all the formalities, you will have to wait for some time till the team USPS takes the required action. Some people have a basic question which is why you should delete your USPS account.
Also, see: 6 Hacks To Delete An Old Twitter Account That You Can’t Access
Why You Should Delete Your USPS Account?
There may be many reasons for deleting the account on USPS, but it is a good option to keep one account. If we talk about deleting it the reasons maybe you might have forgotten the username and password of your account and you want to create a new account and want to delete the old one. Another reason might be moving out from your home country and you will not be using the USPS anymore, further, you might have digitized everything so you don’t have any need for USPS, and lastly, there might be some insecurity that your financial information might get stolen, so you decide to delete the account and prefer no online transactions in future.
These are all the possibilities that you might face in finding the reasons to delete your account on USPS.
These were the super-easy ways and tricks of deleting your USPS account without any hassle, I hope this article helped you and might have solved your problem. If you still have some questions you can surely ask us in the comment box.
Till then Happy Learning!