The 2022-2023 regular national football league season will officially kick off on September 8, 2022, at the SoFi Stadium in California. The first match of the season will see the reigning 2022 Super Bowl champions, the Los Angeles Rams go head to head with the Buffalo Bills.
At the start of the new season, many fans are on their toes to witness the start of a highly competitive sport. To avoid getting left out, it would be best to start preparing now and gather your resources. Here is a list of things you’ll need to prepare before D-Day.
Sign Up for A Sportsbook
Sportsbooks are responsible for accepting your bet and paying out bettors that win. A proper sportsbook is regulated within legal means and ensures the law protects you. This means that you can file a case against the sportsbook (and vice versa) when things get awry, regardless if you’re betting in actual sportsbooks or online. It’s important to remember this because the internet can be a bit dangerous to bettors.
So, before you sign up for a sportsbook, you must first do an initial inspection:
- Look into the sportsbook’s site and discover their license. A legal online betting site should have its license posted somewhere that many of its clients can easily see. You can usually find it in the site’s footer or the terms and conditions upon signing up.
- If you want to learn about the experiences of other clients, you can also search for online reviews. There are casino forums where users post their feedback and review experiences online. You can take advantage of this and consider their experience when deciding on a sportsbook.
- Most importantly, you must at least also check the site’s payment method. One of the benefits of betting online is the convenience of not having to move an inch while placing stakes. While you’re at it, finding a sportsbook that can provide you with just as much comfort would be best. Some sportsbooks already accept MasterCard and other online channels.
Prepare Your Bets
Now that you’ve chosen your sportsbook, you must focus on preparing for your bets. This is one of the most crucial steps in sports betting. For the NFL, there are various types of bets that you can participate in.
It can be confusing at first, but you’ll get used to them in a long time. As such, you’ll need time to figure out what bet would work best for you. Thus, learning about the different types at this early stage can help you.
- NFL Moneyline. This bet is about placing stakes on a team that you predict will win the game.
- NFL Totals. You will bet on the final combined score of the two teams in the game. The sportsbook will present a number then you’ll need to stake whether you believe the final score would total to more than or less than the number presented by the sportsbook.
- NFL Spread. Betting for NFL spreads is the type of bet that would surpass the odds of two playing teams. The favorite team will be required to cover a spread and maintain a gap score for you to win your bet. Meanwhile, betting on the underdog will only be needed for them to close the gap or outright win the game.
- NFL Futures. This bet involves betting on events that are still yet to happen in the future, such as the Super Bowl. The betting lines for futures are usually open around the NFL kickoff.
Take Note of the NFL Schedule
After becoming more familiar with the bets, you must figure out which teams you should place your money on. You can also formulate an effective betting strategy if you know who you’re up against.
You must first be aware of what teams will play that day to improve your strategy. One way to do this is to check for the NFL schedule ahead of time. The schedule is usually announced weeks before the official kickoff on the NFL website. Some sportsbooks also announce and post essential event details for their clients. So you can check both the sites to be sure,
Fortunately, for the 2022-2023 NFL regular season, the NFL has already released the schedule that you can check here.
Load Your Bankroll
A responsible bettor must have a separate bankroll for their bets. This is to limit you from chasing your losses where you can lose more than you can afford. With this, you must also prepare to manage your bankroll once you deposit them. It will help you if you make proper bankroll management once you start.
To start, you can make an initial budget for your bankroll to bet for the day. The most suitable percentage is around 2-5% of your bankroll. So, if you’ve prepared a $500 bankroll, the biggest place you’re supposed to bet is $25. Nonetheless, the most suitable strategy for you should be the type that fits your betting strategy and preference.
Above all, betting entails self-discipline and control while putting your preference in mind. After becoming more familiar with sports betting, figuring out what you’ll do above will be easy next time. For now, invest your time and prepare the essential things with the help of the list above.