|Ways to start Zoom test meeting|
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service you can use to virtually meet with others – either by video or audio-only or both, all while conducting live chats – and it lets you record those sessions to view later. Over half of Fortune 500 companies reportedly used Zoom in 2019 and during 2020 it hit even greater heights, racking up 227 percent growth over the year.
Zoom is a necessity for modern work-from-home situations to attend important business as well as school meetings as most of the businesses and schools have shifted to Zoom.
Zoom Rooms require an additional subscription on top of a Zoom subscription and are an ideal solution for larger companies.
If you are someone who wants to test Zoom meetings before the actual meeting. Then in this article, I have compiled the ways to start Zoom test meetings.
“Ways to start Zoom Test Meeting”
You can start and check Zoom test meetings either on your PC or on your mobile phone. In the below article, I have compiled the easy ways by which you can start and test Zoom test meetings on your PC or mobile phone.
How to start a Zoom Test Meeting on a Computer
For this method, you’ll have to have downloaded the Zoom app on your computer, and you need to be logged in to your account.
- Go to http://zoom.us/test.
- Click the blue Join button.
- Select Open Zoom.us – this will prompt your Zoom app to open.
- You’ll see a pop-up preview of your webcam. You have the option to select a camera if you have multiple to choose from. If everything looks good, click the desired button to join with or without video.
A quick tip: If your camera is off, you may need to click the Start Video button in the bottom-left corner of the app to turn the camera on.
- Next is the audio test: If you hear the ringtone (which will play automatically when the Zoom meeting opens), click Yes – otherwise click No and select a different microphone in the drop-down menu and re-do the test to make sure it works and when it does, select Yes.
- Next, when prompted, speak aloud or make noise for a few seconds. If everything works, you’ll hear a recording of the noise or speech playback for you (if so, click Yes to move on) – otherwise select No and select a different microphone, then do the test again to make sure it works, then click Yes.
- Click Join with Computer Audio twice as prompted.
- Select Leave to end the test meeting.
How to Start a Zoom Test Meeting on a Mobile Device
You should already be logged in to your account to speed up this process.
- Open your web browser app and go to http://zoom.us/test.
- Tap the blue Join button.
- If you already have the app, select Launch Meeting, otherwise download it for your iPhone or Android device.
- When prompted, confirm your choice to open the test meeting by selecting Open.
- If necessary, give the app permission to use your camera and/or microphone.
- If everything looks good, you’ll see your test results pop up on the screen with green checkmarks. Tap Done.
- On an iPhone, if there’s a problem, you’ll see a pop-up explaining what isn’t working and how to fix it. Tap OK. (You’ll also see a yellow exclamation point next to the issue on your results.)
Note that the test results are only available on iPhone. Android users can enable their video and audio by clicking on the Start Video and Join Audio icons in the bottom-left. If your camera is working, you’ll see yourself in the video. Your microphone is enabled if it’s not crossed off with a red line in the Participants tab.
Note: On an iPhone, exit the window, but leave the test open (rather than ending it), and follow the directions from the pop-up to allow the app to have the necessary access to your device. Then enter the test window again and will update you with your new results. If it’s all clear, tap Done to end the test. Android users can hit Leave to exit the meeting since there isn’t a test result pop-up.
Related Reads: 6 Extremely Easy Ways to Cancel Zoom Subscription Instantly
Video-Based Content on How To Start Zoom Test Meeting
Video source– Gauging Gadgets
End of the line:
In the above article, I have mentioned the easy and best ways by which you can start Zoom test meetings either on your PC or on a mobile phone. If you find this article helpful then please comment and tell us your thoughts about what you feel about our article and also suggest what we can do to improve in future articles.