Ways to cancel Zoom subscription:
Zoom has been a life preserver for many businesses in recent months. The video conferencing app has been adopted by people all over the world, including schools, businesses, and regular folks just looking to connect with friends and family. However, the free version of Zoom is fairly limited, forcing many people to sign up for Zoom’s premium service. Like many subscriptions based services, the premium version of Zoom requires users to opt-out manually. Failure to do so will cause your credit card to be charged in perpetuity. Thankfully, canceling your Zoom account is easy but somewhat hidden.
Types of Zoom subscriptions
There are two versions of the Zoom video conferencing app: one free, the other paid. The free or “Basic” version of Zoom limits group meetings to 40 minutes, although one-on-one meetings are unlimited. Furthermore, it caps the number of participants to 100 people. Additionally, there is no ability to record your meetings. The paid or “Pro” version of Zoom offers multiple tiers, but the main difference is that by opening your wallet, many of the restrictions imposed on free users are lifted. As we mentioned above, the premium versions of Zoom require a monthly fee. However, like many subscriptions, the subscription amount is charged automatically at the start of each new billing cycle.
Table of Contents
“Here are the Best Ways to Cancel Zoom Subscription Instantly”
If you need to cancel your Zoom Pro account, you can:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management, then tap Billing.
- On the Current Plans tab, click Cancel Subscription to stop your subscription’s automatic renewal.
- Confirm your request by selecting Cancel Subscription.
- Choose why you would no longer like to renew your subscription.
- Once complete, click Submit.
Your plan status will now be updated to Canceled. You will still have use of your paid plan for the rest of the billing period. If you would no longer like to have the plan canceled, you will be able to reactivate your plan by selecting Reactivate Plan on the My Subscriptions page.
Before canceling the subscription make sure to download the recorded meetings.
“How to Download Zoom meeting”
When you cancel your premium Zoom subscription, you will still be able to use the free version of the app. Unfortunately, by canceling your subscription, you’ll lose access to the premium features we mentioned earlier, including the ability to record your meetings.
With a premium subscription, recorded meetings are stored on Zoom’s servers and are available for you to download or share at any time. Upon canceling your premium account, those recordings will be removed from the Zoom servers. If you want to download any recorded meetings, you’ll want to do so before you cancel your subscription.
To download your recorded meetings, follow the steps outlined above to access your profile’s settings.
- On the left side of the screen, locate the option labeled “Recordings” and click on it.
- On the following page, you will see all of the recordings that you have made. Underneath the thumbnail preview of each recording, you will see the option to download that recording.
- Simply click on it to download the recording to your computer.
If you were using Zoom for business purposes, your Zoom subscription may be tax-deductible. Fortunately, it’s very easy to download your past Zoom invoices in case you are audited and need to provide documentation.
“How to Download Zoom Invoices”
To download your past invoices, follow the steps outlined above to log in to your account on the Zoom website.
- On the left side of the screen, click on “Account Management -> Billing.”
- Next, at the top of the page, click on “Invoice History.” This will show a list of your invoices.
- To download all of your invoices as PDFs, simply click on the “Export All” button.
- Alternatively, if you only want to download specific invoices, click on the checkbox next to the invoice you want to download and click the “Export Selected” button.
If you want somehow change your mind and want to reactivate the Zoom subscription. Then follow the steps given below:
“How to Reactivate Zoom Subscription”
If you need to reactivate a canceled Zoom subscription, you can do so by following the steps outlined above to log in to your Zoom account.
- On the left side of the screen, click on “Account Management -> Billing..”
- At the top of the page, click on “Current Plans.” Here, you will see the details of your canceled account.
- To reactivate it, simply click on “Reactivate Plan” and follow the instructions.
These are the easy and reliable ways to cancel a Zoom subscription and to get the necessary data before canceling the subscription.
End of the line:
In the above article, I have mentioned the easy, best, and reliable ways to cancel a Zoom subscription with a little bit of extra and useful info. If you find this article a lit bit helpful and if it helps you then, please comment your thoughts about the article, and in the comments let us know how we can improve further in future articles.