When you are using Twitter, have you come across any warning that states, “This Tweet may include sensitive content”? Do you know what it is for? Well, to answer your question in short it is for the tweets that contain some content regarding violence or nudity or maybe something that might be against the rules and regulations of Twitter.
You might be wondering, is there any way to stop or turn off sensitive content on your Twitter account. Yes! there is a way out to turn off the sensitive content on Twitter, to do so. Read the article till the end, and it would definitely help you learn more about how to turn off sensitive content on Twitter.
Table of Contents
How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter on the Web(2022)
There are two ways by which you can turn off the sensitive content on Twitter, one is by turning it from the website of Twitter and another method is turning it off from the Twitter app.
We’ll discuss the steps of both ways in detail. Just continue reading the article to know more about this topic.
Here are the steps-
1. Firstly, go to the website of Twitter and log into your account with your login credentials.
2. Now, as you will reach the home page of your account, there you have to tap on “More” on the sidebar.
3. Now, from the listed options, you have to tap on “Settings and Privacy”.
4. Then, Go to “Privacy and Safety”.
5. Now choose the option “Content You See”, This option will allow you to customize your Twitter experience depending upon your choices and interests.
6. There, you will have to turn off the sensitive content. You will have to mark the box unchecked “Display material that may contain sensitive content”.
7. This will hide all the sensitive content from your account.
And, you are done turning off the sensitive content from the website of Twitter.
How to Turn Off Sensitive Content on Twitter on iPhone (2022)
Here are the steps-
1. First of all, go to the Twitter application on your device and log in with your login credentials.
2. Then, tap on your “Profile icon”, on the top left of your screen.
3. Now, you will see a few options, from there tap on “Settings and Privacy“.
4. Now, from the displayed screen, you have to choose “Privacy and Safety”.
5. Now, select the option “Content You See”, there you will see an option to turn off the sensitive content, tap on that option by unchecking the box “Display material that may contain sensitive content”.
And, you are done turning off the sensitive content from the application of Twitter on your device.
How Does Twitter Know That A Tweet Has Sensitive Content
There might be some reasons, through which Twitter gets to know and indicate to the users that there might be some sensitive content. let’s discuss some of the reasons.
- If any tweet has the content of violence or disturbing imagery, Twitter may add a warning to the post like “Warning This tweet contains violent imagery that may be upsetting. Click to view.” You only see this warning when you tap on that warning message, otherwise, you will not see the warning message.
- Further, if any tweet has content related to nudity there may be a warning like “Caution This tweet features graphic sexual content that may be inappropriate for some users.”
- At last, if the tweet contains “potentially sensitive content” you may see a warning like “Warning This tweet might contain sensitive media. Tap to view.”
How To Remove Sensitive Content Label From Your Tweets
Sometimes, Twitter may or may not consider your post as sensitive based on its sensitive media policy. However, you can remove it from the settings. Let’s see how can we remove the sensitive content label from your tweets.
Here are the steps-
- Open your Twitter account, and on the home page, tap on the option, “More”.
- Tap on, settings and privacy, and then tap on privacy and safety.
- Now, click on your tweets.
- Then, uncheck the box for “Mark media you Tweet as containing material that may be sensitive.”
These steps are the same if you want to do this on your mobile application. However, this feature is not yet available on the iOS version.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I turn off sensitive content on Twitter?
Follow these steps to turn off sensitive content on Twitter-
Go to the Twitter website and select More > Settings and Privacy > Privacy and Security > Content You See > Search Preferences Uncheck the box next to “Hide Sensitive Content.”
2. How do you show sensitive content on Twitter mobile?
- Navigate to the Privacy and security settings by clicking the More icon.
- Check the box next to Display media that may contain sensitive material in the Content you view section.
- The settings are stored automatically.
So this was all about turning off the sensitive content on Twitter, I hope you all liked this post and it might help you in solving your problem. If you still have some questions you can surely ask us in the comment box, we would love to answer your questions.
Till then Happy Learning!