How To Solve Oculus Quest 2 Slow Charging Issue? Try These 3 Real Fixes
Are you wondering how to solve Oculus Quest 2 slow charging issue? Oculus Quest 2 is an amazing VR Headset because without being linked to a PC, you may play games and enjoy other immersive activities in virtual reality, but what if one day your VR Headset stops in the middle of your Game and you don’t know what happened to your Headset. So it can maybe due to your VR Headset’s low battery. Now let us look at some of those ways you can do to get your charging faster.
To solve the Oculus Quest slow charging issue you have to turn off your headset while it’s charging, turn off the auto wake-up feature, stop playing while charging, observe charging ports, etc. To know about these fixes in detail you have to read ahead.
Table of Contents
How To Solve Oculus Quest 2 Slow Charging Issue? 5 Working Ways
Many of the users are facing an Oculus Quest 2 Slow charging issue and aren’t able to charge it fully in 2.5 hours which would be the expected time of charging it to 100%. Charging Dock can be used to charge Oculus Quest 2, however, If charging takes much longer than this, there may be an issue. So, if the above method doesn’t work well, below we have discussed 5 working ways to avoid slow charging.
1. Turn Off Your Headset While it’s Charging
So if you are a hardcore gamer and play more and more games continuously while charging, you need to stop that now because it can affect your battery life and won’t let you play longer. Once your Heasedt battery gets full you can play as much as you want.
How to Switch off VR Headset
Step 1:- Hold the “Power button” till the light goes off.
Step 2:- Wait until you hear a “Beep Sound” that indicates that your Headset is off now and this will prevent your headset from turning on.
2. Turn Off The Auto Wake-Up Feature
Though Oculus suggests completely turning off your headset while not in use, there may be times when you really want to give it a boost whilst also taking a break and opting for sleep mode.
Whenever you leave auto wake-up on, the Quest may wake itself up or detect something within the headset, slowing down charging.
3. Stop Playing While Charging
When playing, Oculus does not recommend charging. It can cause battery exhaustion and prevent the battery from performing at its best. As a result, you should never charge the gadget while it is in operation. When you do, though, you might expect it to charge more slowly or even drain if the headset uses more power than the charger can supply.
4. Observe Charging Ports
If your Oculus Quest 2 slow charging or has stopped charging, make sure the power cord is correctly attached to the headset. Wiggle the power wire carefully to reconnect if there is a slight misalignment. If you find any cracked, burnt, or discolored plastic around the power cord or port, your headset may need to be fixed or replaced.
5. Oculus Quest 2 Factory Reset
If none of the above methods work and your Oculus Quest 2 continues to charge slowly, you may have a major software issue and may have to do a factory reset.
Some Additional Troubleshooting To Check Into Oculus Guest 2 Slow Charging Issue
- While you’re playing, don’t charge your phone. The headset’s batteries may be affected, causing it to charge slowly.
- It’s possible that your headset battery is too hot and requires cooling down before recharging.
- By plugging in your charger and holding it there to see if it makes a change, you can check sure your charging port isn’t damaged.
Why Isn’t My Oculus Quest 2 Charging?
When your Oculus Quest 2 slow charging or isn’t charging, it might be because of the following issues:-
- The charging cord is loosely attached to the headset.
- The Oculus Quest 2 battery is too hot to charge.
- While playing, you constantly charge the headset.
- You have activated the Auto wake-up option, which causes the battery to drain and charge slowly.
- The charging port, charger, charging cable, or charging dock on the Oculus Quest 2 headset is damaged.
- The charging rhythm is being disrupted due to a bug in the headset software.
How Can I Charge My Oculus Quest 2 Faster?
So there few things you can try to charge your Oculus Quest 2 faster and if you want more information you can also get other important information from their Support Page.
- To begin, please check that you’re just using the charger that came with your headset.
- Also, double-check that your charger is correctly connected. If you’re not sure, simply disconnect the headset and power brick cables, then reattach them.
- While charging, make sure the LED light on the side of your headset is turned on. If you don’t see an orange or green light, your headset isn’t charged correctly.
- Lastly, Oculus suggests that you switch your Quest off completely when not in use to save battery life.
How To Factory Reset The Oculus Quest 2 Controller?
To factory reset the Oculus Quest 2 controller you have to follow the steep guide given below.
Step 1: Choose “Devices” and then Tap on “Advanced Settings” after selecting the Headset to be reset.
Step 2: Tap “Factory Reset” and then Reset.
Step 3: Wait for your “Oculus Quest 2” to return to its factory settings.
Also Read:- 5 Killer Hacks To Recharge A Disposable Vape
How Long Do The Oculus Quest 2 Take To Charge?
The batteries in the Oculus Quest and Quest 2 are around the same capacity: 3,640 mAh. If you’re using the provided cords, charging should take approximately the same duration; the company estimates that it will take between 2 and 2.5 hours to charge from zero to full.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. How long does it take to charge Oculus Quest 2 with an Elite battery strap?
This will require about 2.5 hours to fully charge the Oculus Quest 2. You have the option of charging it with the included USB-C converter or a Quest 2 charging dock for the headsets and Quest 2 controllers.
2. Can you leave Oculus Quest 2 charging overnight?
Yes, you can charge your Oculus Quest headset overnight, leaving it plugged in after it is completely charged can shorten its battery life. It takes two and a half hours to charge an Oculus Quest battery from empty to full, so if you’re going to sleep after 3-4 hours you can charge your battery and can sleep.
3. Can I charge my Oculus Quest 2 with my phone charger?
No, you can’t charge your Oculus Quest 2 with a Phone Charger, you can only use the charger that comes with your headset. Please avoid charging your headset while it’s on.