| How to share Wi-Fi Password |
Well in this modern full which is full of hectic schedules remembering small things like Wi-Fi passwords can be a little difficult and hectic too. And it gets embarrassed if someone asks for the Wi-Fi password and you don’t remember it. Well, modern devices with the latest operating system have made it easier to share Wi-Fi with just one click. But sharing the Wi-Fi password can get sometimes difficult if you don’t know the proper ways and steps.
Sharing a Wifi password can be a little hectic and difficult if you are unaware of the settings of your device. Well, the situation gets difficult and embarrassed when someone like your friends or relatives asks for the password and you don’t remember the password. If you are also looking for the steps to find the ways how to share Wi-Fi passwords on any operating system whether it be Android, iOS, Mac, or Windows.
Then here in this article, I have compiled the ways to share Wi-Fi passwords:
Table of Contents
“Here are the ways on How to share Wifi password on Every Operating System (2022)”
1. How to share Wifi passwords on Android:
Sharing files on Android is very seamless and easy. Sharing passwords from an Android device is straightforward—there’s support for browsing every network you’ve ever connected to, and you can see the password or quickly share it using a QR code.
So, sharing wifi passwords is easy for someone who knows if you don’t know how to share then follow the steps below:
- Open the settings menu on your Android mobile phone.
- Then head towards the Networks & Internet and then click on the wifi option.
- Scroll down the menu past the current networks to saved networks.
- Then there will be a list of saved networks, tap the network you want to share.
- After tapping the selected networks, you’ll see a QR code by which you can share the password.
Note: These are the easy and reliable steps to share Wifi passwords on an Android mobile phone.
2. How to share Wifi passwords on iOS and iPad:
Sharing files on iOS and iPad OS is very difficult with different operating systems as iOS is very restricting in nature. There’s no way to browse all of your Wi-Fi passwords on an iPhone or iPad, but it is easy to share the password for the currently connected network with other iPhone and iPad users.
If you have two iOS devices, and if one device is already connected to the internet and if the other is not connected, you can share the Wifi password without actually sharing the password with the other device. n other words, you can use your iPhone to allow another device to connect to the private wireless network without manual password entry. Follow the steps below:
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices, ensure Personal Hotspot is turned off, and make sure their device is unlocked and nearby.
- Your device should be connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share.
- Have your guest select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available options on their device.
- You will get a pop-up message on your device asking if you want to share your Wi-Fi password.
- Tap Share Password.
Note: These are the steps that you have to follow to share a Wifi password on iOS.
3. How to share Wifi passwords on Mac:
Sharing a Wifi password on Mac can be a pain if you don’t remember the password. Luckily, if you have Mac and wanted to share the password on the Mac, iPhone, and iPad then just follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, make sure that the person who wants to join your Wi-Fi network is in your Contacts app, including their Apple ID email.
- Then, make sure you’re currently logged into the Wi-Fi network you want to share, and bring the two devices to close together, within Bluetooth range.
- Have your friend go to their Wi-Fi settings on their device and choose the correct Wi-Fi network they’d like to connect to.
- After a moment, you should see a pop-up window appear on your Mac asking you to share your Wi-Fi network password.
- Then, click “Share.”
- The other person’s device should now automatically join the Wi-Fi network, without ever having to enter the password.
Note: These are the easy steps that you have to follow in order to share the Wifi password on Mac.
4. Here are the steps to share Wifi passwords on Windows:
Sharing files on Windows is very easy and simple as compared to iOS and Mac. Microsoft used to allow you to automatically share your Wi-Fi details with contacts through something called Wi-Fi Sense, but it was scrapped due to security concerns.
- Click on the Windows icon, then the Settings gear icon on the left.
- Then, choose Network & Internet.
- Make sure you’re on the Status tab at the top left, then choose Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on your network where it says Connections: Wi-Fi [your network name]. (This won’t work if you’re connected via Ethernet.)
- Choose WirelessProperties in the pop-up window.
- Select the Security tab and tick the Show characters box under the Network security key.
- Have your guest pick the right network on their device and type in the password you found.
Note: These are the steps that you have to follow in order to share the password while working on the Windows device.
In the above article, I have mentioned the easy steps to share Wifi passwords across different operating systems like android, iOS, Mac, and Windows. These are the easiest steps to share a Wifi password. If you find these steps and the article helpful then please comment about the article. And also in comments suggest to us how we can improve in future articles. Thank You!