How To Poke Someone On Facebook (2022) | 6 Hacks You Should Try
Poking on Facebook has been a nostalgia for many of us as it was done in the days when we used to use so much of Facebook in our free time. Have you ever poked someone on Facebook? and did they poke you back? I think poking is a much better way to say that you are here rather than saying “hi“.
Do you know how to poke on Facebook? Don’t worry we’ll help you with this by following the steps one by one. In this post, we are going to discuss how to poke someone on Facebook?
Table of Contents
How To Poke Someone On Facebook | Can You Poke Someone On Facebook?
Before telling you how to poke someone on Facebook, many people have a question can you still poke on Facebook? yes, you can poke on Facebook today also but it is not in trend as it was before in the back days of our lives. You just have to find the poking option from the search bar as it is not on the front page of Facebook.
Purpose Of Poking Someone On Facebook?
Do you know the real purpose of poking someone on Facebook? Why would you poke someone on Facebook? People are trying to find the main purpose of this feature as the meaning of this feature is just to say hi to a person with whom you want to talk with.
There are three main purposes of this feature-
- This feature is a fantastic icebreaker, which means if you have an interest in a particular person and you don’t know how to start a conversation with them, you can just poke them to start a conversation.
- You can say “hi” in fun ways, rather than saying “hi” you can poke the person to whom you want to say “hi”.
- This can be used to get the attention of a specific person, you can poke a person and that person will keep in mind that you are interested in talking to them.
How To Poke Someone On Facebook
There are two ways from which you can poke someone on Facebook, the first is from the website and the second is from your personal mobile. As earlier people used Facebook on websites more as compared to mobile devices, because the technology was not that developed at that time as compared to the present time. So, we will discuss the steps of each method through which you can poke someone on Facebook.
POKING THROUGH WEBSITE
Here are the steps-
- First of all, you have to go to the Facebook website, and log into your account with your password and registered email.
- Now, you need to search the poke page on the search bar, which is on the top of the screen.
- Once you will press the search key you will be directed to a page where you will find a list of people who are your friends on Facebook.
- Now, you can use the poke button on the suggested pokes shown on Facebook, and it will also show you the people who poked you in the last few days. You can poke people as many times as you want and you have to keep one thing in mind your poke notification will always show up.
- You can also search for a specific person on the search bar to poke if you want.
POKING THROUGH MOBILES
Every modern person developed with the development of technology and many people shifted from websites to their personal mobiles. Here are the steps for poking a person on Facebook from your personal mobile-
- Firstly, go to the Facebook app and log into your account
- Then tap o the search bar and type poke page.
- There you will see the people who have poked you.
- Now, if you want to poke someone, type their name in the search bar and start poking them.
- This feature has a plus point that you can easily create a shortcut to the pokes page, on both Android and iOS.
And you are done poking someone through your mobile. Many people have this question that how to poke back at someone on Facebook. Let’s find out the answer to this question.
How To Poke Back Someone On Facebook
There is nothing much more difficult in this task, you will be able to see the people who poked you recently and you can poke them back by clicking the option of poke back, and other people can also poke you back in case you poked them first.
So, this is a fun way to say hi to someone, with whom you don’t want to start a direct conversation.
These fun steps are very easy, do try once at least and poke someone on Facebook and see what happens if they poke you back or not.
I hope you liked this article and it might help you in solving your problems. If you still have some questions left, you can surely ask us in the comment section, we would love to answer your questions.
Till then Happy Learning!