How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Issue | Here’s How to Fix
Tell me if this has ever happened to you, I’m going to give you a real-life scenario, and if it applies to you then knowing How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem will be helpful. Here goes, you are just sitting on your bed and are working or watching TV. After some time passes you just pick up your phone to see what’s new and there you see a Snapchat notification from 48 minutes ago. Do you think I was here the whole time, why didn’t I hear my phone ping? Your instant reaction is to see if your phone is in silent mode, but it is not, so you wonder if you are slowing losing your hearing or if your phone losing its volume.
If this has ever happened to you then I’m here to tell you that you are perfectly fine, your phone is also fine and to teach you How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem. Missing a Snapchat notification may seem like a small issue but many times it has led to catastrophic results like losing a Snapstreak. No, but on a serious note missing a notification can lead to you missing important texts, urgent messages or emergencies that need you to get resolved. Sometimes there is just a glitch in the matrix that needs to be fixed to hear the notification tone again.
There are many solutions that you can adopt to fix this problem, and all of them are equally effective in fixing the issue so the real dilemma becomes which one to choose. It’s can be a true Sophie’s Choice situation. Nonetheless, in this article, we will teach you How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem with the help of solutions like clearing the cache, checking if the phone is on do not disturb mode, restarting the device and much more. Keep reading to find out more and see which solution suited your problem the best.
Table of Contents
Why Do Snapchat Notifications Stop Working?
There could be many reasons why you are not receiving Snapchat notifications and almost all of them aren’t due to any serious issue with the app. They are easily fixable and don’t require too much time or money. So, when the issue of Fixing the Snapchat Notification Not Working is raised, you must know these reasons because once you identify the correct reason you will be able to diagnose it quickly and apply the solution then and there. Also, these problems are faced by both Android as well as iOS users.
- The most common reason for missing a notification is if you did not configure the notification settings. If you have not permitted Snapchat to send you notifications every time someone sends you a chat or a snap then how will you know? Notifications work like alarms, just like you need to set one on your phone yourself to wake up I’m the morning, in the same way, you need to enable notifications on your phone. If you don’t do it then you will most likely miss notifications all the time.
- Another reason could be related to your system settings. Sometimes you unknowingly tap something in your systems settings on your phone that affects some other application on your phone. So, sometimes what can happen is, to do some other business on your phone or on the Snapchat app you accidentally toggle something on or off which mutes the notifications. Or sometimes there is some other error that automatically disrupts the notifications on your phone. In this case, it’s better to get it checked by a professional.
- Sometimes corruption of Snapchat files can also lead to problems with the notifications. This can heavily disrupt the performance of the app too.
- Clearing the Cache data from your phone is important in many ways. Cache memory makes an app run faster and if the memory is full or corrupted then it can lead to many glitches in the app. One of the glitches is the notification not working problem.
So, How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem?
Finally, we get to the point, the answer to How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem is just a few lines away now. So, even though you are an Android user or an iOS user, here are some easy ways to fix the problem with Snapchat notifications.
- Check if you have enabled notifications on your phone. Sometimes people disable them unknowingly or do it to avoid hearing repeated notification tones. So before you launch an attack on the server, make sure to see if you have swiped the icon right. To enable notifications Go to your phone’s Settings>Scroll down to Snapchat>Swipe the indicator to the right to make it green. Congratulations! your settings are enabled.
- Want to know the answer to How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem? Check your notifications on the Snapchat app as well. Go to Setting>Notifications>Toggle all the types of settings you want to be enabled. There are different notifications for each feature and whichever you want to indulge in just swipe right on them and leave the rest untouched.
- Check to see if you have enabled permission to run Snapchat in the background. Background notifications allow Snapchat to send notifications as they occur. Go to Settings on your phone>Then go the General settings> Background App Refresh>Snapchat. In case you have an Android phone start with General settings>Apps>See all Apps>Snapchat>Mobile data &Wifi> Enable Background Data.
- Make sure you haven’t enabled Do Not Disturb on your phone. It mutes all notifications on your phone until it’s disabled. Disable it from the settings menu by scrolling down and swiping left. If you are an iOS user then tap the Focus mode and see if the Do Not Disturb is enabled, if yes then disable it.
- Always clear your cache data from time to time, as said earlier it makes an app run faster but if the memory is full or is corrupted then it can lead to apps and features being tampered with. So clear your cache from your phone and the Snapchat app as well and see yourself never asking How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem.
- Sometimes there is a problem with the server which leads to some features being disabled or iced. The easiest way to fix this problem is by simply logging out of Snapchat, waiting a few minutes, and then logging back in.
- If none of the above-mentioned solutions works for you then there is another effective solution that will work, uninstalling and reinstalling Snapchat. By uninstalling the app all the data related to it is also deleted, including any bugs that hamper the notification settings. Reinstalling the app will install a fresh copy with all the latest updates.
Now that you know all the reasons and the solutions to How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem I hope this is enough to help you tackle this issue if you ever face it. Snapchat is a very easy app, and even its problems are easy to handle, all we need is the right knowledge on how to fix them and we are all set.
Frequently Asked Questions about Snapchat
Are there any apps available that help fix the problem of How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem?
Yes, there is an app called Tenorshare Reiboot for Android which fixes any problem, including ones with notifications, related to Snapchat on Android. It even fixes issues related to crashing the app.
How To Fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working Problem?
Another way of fixing this issue is by updating the Snapchat app to the latest version.
Which notification view is ideal for Snapchat?
There are three types of notification views, the Banner that appears on top of the screen while you are using it, the notification centre which appears on the drop-down menu of any phone, and lock screen notifications. If you don’t want to miss any notification then you should enable all three types of notification and if not then choose any one that suits your taste.