Online chatting is quite popular nowadays as most people are just so active on dating apps or other chatting apps, like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, etc are there. It is most widespread among teenagers and young adults, who love making new friends online and find them non- judgemental.
You can find old friends too by searching their names on social media platforms. On such platforms, you can meet new people and share your interests with them on call, video call, or wherever you like. The best part of these applications is that they are free. You do not need to get any premium package or anything like that. To use these applications, you need a stable internet connection.
There is one most popular messaging application named Kik. The main motive of this Kik application is to bring like-minded people together and make them feel comfortable by providing the best platform. The Kik application hosts thousands of channels or servers known as Kik chat rooms or groups where people can hang out, chill and meet people who share similar interests. When you evolve a part of a Kik chat room, you can interact with other group members via text, call, or whatever medium you like.
The main attraction of Kik is that it lets you stay anonymous while chatting with other people, which has drawn millions of users who love the concept of being able to converse with like-minded strangers about shared interests without disclosing any personal information.
This article will discuss this amazing platform in detail and comprehend how it works. We will assist you in figuring out how to get started and discover Kik chat rooms suitable for you. By the end of this article, you will comprehend how to discover Kik groups and be a part of at least one. So, without any further delay, let’s get commenced.
What is Kik?
Kik is a free online messaging app and a very good Omegle alternative created by the Canadian company Kik interactive. It is similar to other social media messaging apps like WhatsApp, Discord, Viber, etc. You can use the app to link with like-minded people and interact with them through texts or calls. If you are comfortable and want to call, you can even opt for video calls. In this course, you can meet and interact with new people from different parts of the world and share your interests.
Its straightforward interface, advanced chat room features, built-in browser, etc., makes Kik an immensely popular application. You would be surprised to know that the app has been around for nearly a decade and has over 300 million active users. Many people just loved this application because of its super easy interface.
As stated earlier, one of the main causes behind its success is that it lets users maintain anonymity, suggesting you can interact with strangers without worrying about your privacy. Another fascinating fact about Kik is that about 40% of its users are teenagers. Although you can yet find people above 30 on Kik, most are under 18. The legal age to use Kik is just 13, so you must be alert while chatting as underage kids might be in the same station. As a result, Kik keeps reminding users to keep the messages PG-13 and obey community standards.
What are Kik chat rooms?
Before we comprehend how to find Kik chat rooms, we must understand how they work. Now a Kik chat room or a Kik group is a channel or server where fellows can converse without restrictions. Merely put, it is a closed group of users where members can chat with each other.
The messages sent in a chat room aren’t visual to anyone apart from the members. Usually, these chat rooms include people who share identical interests like a popular TV show, book, movies, comic universe, or even support the same football team or anything per your interest.
All these public or private groups are owned by a founder or admin who started the group, the one who is the creator of the group. Prematurely, all these groups were personal, and you could only be part of the group if the admin added. Unlike Discord, you couldn’t just type in the hash for a server and enter in.
Nevertheless, this has transformed after the latest update, which presented public chat rooms. Kik now has a hunt component that authorizes you to search for public chat rooms you can join. Let’s discuss this now below.
2 Effective Ways to Find the Best Kik Chat Rooms
There are several ways to discover Kik chat rooms. You can either use the built-in search and analyze feature of Kik or search online for well-known chat rooms and groups. In this section, we will be examining both methods in detail.
You need to recognize that all these chat rooms can vanish at any moment if the creator or admin decides to disperse the group. Therefore, you should select carefully and confirm that you are entering an active one with attractive and invested members.
How To Find Kik Chat Rooms using the built-in Explore section
When you launch Kik for the first time, you won’t have friends or contacts. All you will gonna notice is a chat from Team Kik. Now, to begin mingling, you must join groups, talk to someone and make friends with whom you can have one-on-one talks. Follow the steps given below to comprehend how to find Kik chat rooms.
1. The first thing that you need to do is swab the “Explore Public Groups” control.
2. You can wipe on the Plus icon at the bottom-right junction of the screen and choose the “Public Groups” option from the menu.
3. You will be welcomed with a welcome message introducing you to Public groups. It also reminds you to keep the messages PG-13 and follow the Community Standards.
4. Now, tap on the “Got it” button, which will bring you to the explore area of public groups.
5. As said, “Kik group chats” are platforms for like-minded people who share familiar interests like streaming movies, shows, books, etc. Thus, all Kik group chats are merged with various relevant hashtags.
6. This makes it more leisurely for new members to find the right group by exploring keywords with a hashtag. For example, if you are a Game of Thrones fan, you can search “#GameofThrones” and get a list of public groups where Game of Thrones is the hot topic of conversation.
7. You will already find some of the most generally searched hashtags like DC, Marvel, Anime, Gaming, etc., already listed under the Search bar. You can instantly tap on any one of them or search for a specific hashtag on your own.
8. Once you explore a hashtag, Kik will offer you all the groups that match your hashtag. You can pick to be a part of any of them, supplied they haven’t already maxed out their ability (50 members).
9. Swab them to view the list of members and wipe on the “Join Public Group” switch.
10. You will now be added to the group and can start talking instantly. If you discover the group boring or inactive, then you can exit the group by dabbing on the “Leave group” button in the group settings. groups.
How To Find Kik Chat Rooms through other Websites and Online sources
The issue with the method mentioned above is that the Explore section offers too many choices. There are so many stations that it evolves challenging to decide which one to enter. Most of the moment, you end up in a group filled with weirdos. Also, thousands of inactive groups will appear in the search results, and you might waste a lot of time searching for the right group.
Thankfully, people recognized this problem and started making various platforms and websites with a checklist of active Kik groups. Social media platforms like Facebook, Reddit, Tumblr, etc., are also great references to find the best Kik chat rooms.
Like Facebook, thousands of active groups work dedicatedly to help you find the right Kik chat room. Although some of them have evolved inactive after introducing public chat rooms in Kik and retrieving the Search feature, you can still find many active ones. Some even share links to private groups along with the Kik code, enabling you to join them just like public ones.
You can even search on Google for Kik chat rooms, and you will get impressive leads that will allow you to find Kik groups. As mentioned, you will get a checklist of several websites hosting Kik chat rooms. Here, you will discover Kik chat rooms suitable for your interests.
In addition to opening public groups, you can also find many private groups on social media platforms and online panels. Most of these sets are age-restricted. Some are for 18 and above, while others cater to ages between “14-19”, “18-25, etc. You will also find Kik chat rooms dedicated to older people and direct ones to be over 35 years to be a part.
In the case of a private group, you are required to apply for membership. If you satisfy all the criteria, the admin will provide you with the Kik code, and you will be competent to join the group.
How to Create a New Kik Group Effortlessly?
If you are unsatisfied with the search results and do not find a suitable group for you, you can always create a group of your own. You will be the creator and admin of this group, and you can ask your friends to join those with the same interests.
This way, you no prolonged need to worry about your privacy. Since all the members are your friends and understanding, you will not have to stress about compatibility. All you ought to do is follow the steps below to make a new Kik group. These steps will help you make a new public group on Kik.
1. Firstly, open the Kik app on your phone.
2. Now, swab on the Plus icon on the underside right corner of the screen and then choose the Public group’s option.
3. After that, dab on the Plus icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Now, you ought to enter a name for this group obeyed by an appropriate tag. Remember this tag will let people search your group, so make sure that it properly indicates the subject matter or conversation for this group. For example, if you want to make a group to discuss the Witcher series, add ‘Witcher’ as the tag.
5. You can likewise fix a display picture/profile picture for the group.
6. You can add friends and contacts to this group. Use the search bar at the base to look up your friends and add them to your group.
7. Once you have added everyone you wanted, swab on the Start button to create the group.
8. That’s it. You will now be the creator of a new public Kik chat room.
I hope this article was valuable, and you could easily find some of the best KIK chat rooms to join. Discovering the right group of people to talk to could be difficult, especially on the internet. Kik makes this job more comfortable for you. It hosts numerous public chat rooms and groups where like-minded fanatics can connect.
Thank you for reading.