Everyone is familiar with TikTok and also with how to use it and what is it for? This platform has provided a big opportunity for all those people who have some talent in them and want to display that talent in front of the world.
TikTok platform is used to create and post short videos which can be posted on your profile so that people on TikTok can see your videos across the globe. Sometimes we post something in a hurry and our caption gets wrong or we might want to change or edit the caption after posting the video, but how you can change the caption that you’ve already posted? don’t worry we’re here to guide you through a complete hack about How To Edit A Caption On TikTok That Recently You’ve Posted.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Edit A Caption On TikTok That You’ve Recently Posted
Sometimes while posting our content on TikTok we post the wrong caption in our content or after posting we might want to edit our caption of the video, have you tried doing this before? Some of you might not be knowing that whether it could be done or not. In this post, we are going to discuss whether you can edit a caption on TikTok after posting or not. To know everything about this just continue reading the article.
However, TikTok does not provide a direct method to edit your captions on the post after posting. But there are few options that can help you in editing the captions on your video.
Here are the options-
1. Save the video and re-post it
This option is the easiest and most followed method of editing a caption on your video. This method is generally followed when you have high progress in that video and you have done extensive editing.
Here are the steps –
- The foremost step is to open the TikTok application on your device.
- Then, go to the Me section to open your profile.
- Now, tap on the three dots at the bottom of your video.
- There, tap on Save Video in the given options.
- Now, that video will be saved in your gallery, and don’t worry your all edits and effects will be as it is, they won’t be affected.
- Now, delete the uploaded video before it is seen by a larger audience.
- Then, re-post the video with the new caption of your choice, and post it after making the necessary edits.
Remember, that your reposted videos will have a watermark of TikTok, which is not a very big issue.
2. Remake the Full TikTok Video
If you want to edit the video, and not just captions then you will have to delete the video and remake the entire video. Although this is a very long process if your video needs some required editing you will have to remake the entire video.
Here are the steps-
- First of all, go to your profile on TikTok by tapping the Me icon.
- Then, select and delete the video that you want to edit.
- Remake the entire TikTok video as you made previously and save it.
- Now, tap on the plus icon on TikTok.
- Now, select the unedited version of your video in the gallery and add the video.
- Then, do the necessary editing in the video with new captions.
- Make sure that this time your captions are all correct and that every edit has been done properly.
- After rechecking everything, post your video.
3. Manually Type The Caption
In this method, you can manually type the caption on your video without actually using the caption feature on TikTok. Let’s see the step of how to do this.
Here are the steps-
- Firstly, open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the Plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Make or shoot the video that you want to upload.
- Tap on the check button at the bottom right corner.
- Now, tap the text button at the bottom of the screen to add captions.
- By adding captions, you can customize the text by choosing the font size and font style of the text that you want to add. You can also adjust the alignment and color of the text.
- Now, tap on the caption to set its duration and drag the slider to assign the caption to a timestamp.
Make sure to recheck your recreated video multiple times whether the duration of your text is correct or not.
4. Edit Closed Captions On TikTok
If you have made a typing mistake in the caption of your video, you can edit it, let’s see the steps by which you can edit your captions.
- First of all, tap on the given text of the caption.
- Tap on the edit from the options menu.
- Change and edit your text accordingly.
- Now, tap on Done to save your changes in the caption.
Can You Delete TikTok Captions?
Once, if you have posted your video TikTok does not allow you to delete the caption of your video, To delete the caption you will have to follow the above-mentioned options i.e saving the video and re-posting it without captions, or deleting the video and remaking it without any captions.
So this was all about editing a caption of the already posted video on TikTok, try these methods, and do tell us your experience. I hope this article helped you in solving the questions that you had.
If you still have some questions left on your mind you can surely ask us in the comment box.
Till Then Happy Learning!
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately informing you that, you cannot edit captions in TikTok does not allows you to edit captions after posting your video. You can only edit captions by deleting the video and re-uploading it.
Auto-captions are the automatically developed subtitles that help the readers to read or listen to your content. When you start uploading or shooting your video, you can select auto-captions on the editing page so that the text is automatically transcribed and depicted in your videos.