Do you ever think that how to download audio from Messenger? As there don’t have a download button in the Messenger app. Even after knowing how to use the apps, we still got confused about some of their functions and one among them is how to download audio from Facebook Messenger. Facebook is well known by the people and is used worldwide.
We can connect to everyone in the world even after sitting at our home. But everything left us in some doubt somehow. We will not let that happen and help you with all the solving stuff about how to download audio from Facebook Messenger in this article. Stay here and get yourself aware. Facebook is an online social media application owned by the American company Meta Platforms.
It was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his fellow mates. It also owes a messaging app known to be Messenger which is a proprietary instant messaging app and platform developed by Meta Platforms. It was originally developed as Facebook Chat in 2008. Messenger is used in transmitting messages and exchanging photos, videos, files, stickers, and audio.
Moreover, you can also react to other users’ messages and interact with bots. It also supports voice and video calling. Unlike WhatsApp, the audio messages and voice notes do not get automatically downloaded at the recipient’s end. It has to be downloaded first and then it could be heard. Without wasting time let’s get started and learn how to download audio from messenger.
Discover How to Download Audio From Messenger?
Often people are using Facebook messenger but when it comes to complex aspects, they don’t know how to tackle that. So here we are making you feel relaxed by letting you know how to download audio from Facebook Messenger? in a full-fledged way.
Source: Facebook cover
When you receive an audio file on Facebook Messenger, you will try to open it by long-pressing it but unfortunately, you do not get any further options. Then, what to do? We will tell you, just follow the following steps to know how to download audio from messenger:
- Go to any internet browser you are using on your phone and visit the site m.facebook.com (mobile version of Facebook) in the address bar.
- Click on the ‘Go’ option.
- Here fill in your ID and password.
- By clicking the messenger icon, you will see a message about switching to the messenger app on your phone but you ought to ignore that message and resume through the browser itself.
- Now in your Facebook messages, you are required to find the chat and audio message that you like to download.
- Then, Click on the audio message that you hope to download.
- When you will tap the message it will be asked if you want to download and save it. Agree to this and go ahead. You will see your audio file will be downloaded and saved on your device.
Isn’t that easy for android users as they got to know about how to download audio from Messenger? Wait don’t you think we only have one method on how to download audio from Facebook Messenger, instead, we have large stuff pending. Stay tuned.
On Personal Computer:
Now see how it works on PC to know how to download audio from Facebook messenger. Have a look at the steps:
- First of all, open your Web browser and then type m.facebook.com. It should load the mobile version of Facebook on your web browser.
- Now, click the chat or Messenger icon at the top-right corner.
- Then, select the message with the audio clip or voice recording that you like to download.
- Click the three dots beside the audio clip and select “Download.”
- Now, select the folder where you want to save the audio and click “Save.”
- In the end, wait for the download to finish.
- Once finished, the audio file will be stored in your local folder as MP4.
You can listen to it by using any media player app or software.
By Using A Voice Recorder:
Yes, you can discover how to download audio from Facebook messenger with the help of a voice recorder too. Following are the steps:
- It is an indirect method to save a copy of the audio message on your device using a voice recorder app.
- Now with this app records, save the recording on your phone.
But get in your mind that this approach is not the finest one as the recordings may be of inferior quality with background noise.
By Using Google Chrome’s Developer Tools:
This would feel intricated but don’t worry, your audio file will get downloaded. Follow the following steps mentioned below to know how to download audio from Facebook Messenger:
Step 1: Go to Google Chrome on your PC.
Step 2: Then, go to the Facebook messenger app and open the audio file that you desire to download.
Step 3: Now, click on the 3 dots shown at the top right of the Chrome page.
Step 4: Then, select More Tools, and after that Developer Tools.
Step 5: Further, choose ‘Network’ from the pop-up menu.
Step 6: After that, on the Facebook page start playing your audio file, and on the developer tools page you will notice the file name with an ‘audio clip’.
Step 7: Lastly, double click on the audio clip and it will start downloading on your PC.
How was it? We explained every way possible for this topic on how to download audio from messenger.
Also, see: How to Remove Reels From Facebook App
Have A Look At The Advantages of Downloading Audio:
When you download audio from Facebook messenger into your phone or computer, you can listen to it anytime, even when you’re offline. Since the saved audio file is in MP4 format, you can do whatever you want with it. You can utilize it as an audio background in your video and remix it to make a new song. You can also share this file outside Facebook. Just be prudent in using audio clips, specifically those with copyright restrictions.
Q1. How can I share a voice message from Messenger to other apps?
Messenger will not allow you to share a voice message outside the app. But, you can still forward it to the other Messenger chats. See and follow the instructions below:
- First of all, open the Messenger app or go to the website.
- Then, find the voice message you want to forward. If you’re using your computer, choose the three dots on the left of the message and select “Forward”.
- If you are using your phone, tap and hold the message and select “Forward”.
- Then enter the person’s or group’s name in the search bar and press “Send”.
Got it, We can see the satisfaction on your face.
Also, see: 3 Ways To Solve How To Lock Facebook Profile
Q2. What is the longest length of a voice message in Facebook Messenger?
The maximum length of a voice message in Facebook messenger is one minute. The messenger app portrays how long you have been talking, so you can maintain track of your message’s duration. After one minute, the app will make a sound, and the recording will automatically discontinue. After that, you can choose to send it or delete it and record a new message if you are not satisfied.
This may be suitable for some, others may believe it is too short. Fortunately, Messenger does not limit the number of voice messages you can record and send to someone.
Q3. How can I delete a voice message on Facebook messenger?
You can delete a voice message you have sent on Messenger. The process is similar nonetheless whether you are using Messenger on your computer or phone. Follow the steps below:
- Open Messenger and find the voice message you have sent and like to delete.
- But if you are using your computer, press the three dots on the left of the message and select “Remove”. The mobile phone users will need to tap and hold the message and then press “Remove”.
- Then, choose between “Unsend” and “Remove for you”.
- The first option will dismiss the message for everyone in the chat, while the second one extracts it only for you.
But remember that if you prefer the first one, someone may have already heard the message. So, you need to check this before deleting the message.
Q4. How to download audio from Facebook messenger on PC/Mac?
To know How to download audio from Facebook messenger, see below:
For this, simply type “m.facebook.com” instead of facebook.com” as the URL. After that, click on messages and find the audio file you want to save. When you find it, click on the down-facing arrow following the audio clip. As in the above article, you should see the file download to the Download folder on your desktop.
Q5. How to download audio from Facebook messenger on android/iPhone?
Unluckily, you cannot download audio from Facebook messenger on Android or iPhone. To do that you have to open the mobile version of Facebook on your PC.
Q6. How to send audio messages or voice recordings in messenger?
First of all, open the Facebook messenger app, then browse to the person you want to send an audio message to. Then you will see the text input box at the bottom of your screen, then, select and hold the Microphone icon. With the Microphone icon held down, you can record your audio message.
But if you are not witnessing this option, it means the voice messages are not yet available for everybody.
Q7. How to find audio clips in Facebook messenger history?
The one way you can find your audio messages is by scrolling up in the conversation. As messenger doesn’t have a separate folder for sent voice recordings, it does with the images and folders.
Q8. In which format are Facebook messenger voice recordings saved?
The cute and simple answer is in MP4 format.
Q7. How to download voice memos from Facebook messenger?
- You need to type m.facebook.com in the web browser. Visit the social media mobile version.
- Click on messaging app icon.
- Find the voice memo there.
- Then click on 3 dots.
- Then click Download.
And here you are done. And we successfully made you clear about How to download audio from messenger? better than the others.
As you all know Facebook Messenger is a software that permits instant messaging to one another. It is functional as an app and on its website permitting the users to send text messages, Gifs, stickers, documents, pictures, and voice notes /audio messages instantly. But the voice notes do not get downloaded automatically in Facebook messenger.
You need to heed certain steps to listen to the voice notes that you have received from another person. So, In this article, we have mentioned the same so you can execute these procedures to download audio from messenger at your amenity.
So read this article of ours carefully and let us know your reviews in the comment box if you liked it or not. And in any case, if you have any questions, doubts, or confusion, you can straightly comment in the box and we will indeed try to help you with all the feasible answers. Thank You! Enjoy the day!