Currently, Instagram’s website has some significant limitations. The most important limitation is that, on the web version, you can’t check Instagram messages on your PC — they don’t even arise on the interface. It’s as if the natural message component doesn’t even exist—surprising for such an essential feature. Compared to the application, Instagram on a desktop is very bare-bones.
Nevertheless, there’s no necessity to panic. While the web version of Instagram doesn’t authorize you to check Instagram messages on your PC, there are different routes to take that will let you use Instagram’s DM components in a desktop environment. In this article, I will guide you through a few different methods from where you can check Instagram messages on your PC and walk you through getting set up with each one.
Many applications recently have come with full-fledged web browser versions for the desktop. There’s a thing like you can handle your Facebook page via the application and desktop website. But, that’s not the case for the Instagram application.
There are roundabout ways, and we will enlist the methods by which you can send and check Instagram messages on your PC and be in contact with your friends and family.
How To Check Instagram Messages On Your PC By Using Instagram’s Desktop Application?
Currently, Instagram’s web version has limitations. There you cannot create, read, send or check Instagram messages on your PC. Instagram messages do not emerge in the interface, but you don’t need to worry.
- Download the Instagram Application on your computer from Microsoft Store. If you already have an account, you can directly log in.
- Then insert your username and password. You can also sign in through Facebook.
- Now, click on the Notification icon on the top right. The Instagram direct message icon looks like a paper Aeroplane at the top of the right corner. If there is any unread Instagram message, it will display there too.
- Press the arrow to open up the Inbox Messages, also called Instagram DM. You can now dab on the individual’s name, which will open the chat.
- So this course, you will now be able to read or check Instagram messages on your PC.
How To Check Instagram Messages On Your PC through Bluestacks?
This third-party application is Another way to check Instagram messages on your PC. Bluestacks is an excellent Android application emulator that converts your PC into an Android device. Its Platform Availability is Windows and Mac. The best feature is it is available for Mac too. The installation process will require Admin Access.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- After completing the installation, you can either go to the Play Store or directly search for the Instagram application on the search bar menu.
- You will see Instagram’s icon. Press on it to open it.
- Now, log in to the official Instagram application with your credentials.
- Once you sign in, you can check Instagram messages on your PC by clicking on the arrow icon at the top right.
Note: If you have numerous Instagram accounts, you must first go to the particular Instagram user profile and then use direct messaging or Instagram DM. So, Instagram DM is now achievable on computers too as you can easily check Instagram messages on your PC. Click on the DM icon to view all your Instagram messages as chat heads. It looks precisely like the mobile version replica. Open any of the text messages and connect through direct messaging.
How To Check Instagram Messages On Pc Through Third-Party Application?
You can also get your hands on a third-party app like Instagram DM (also known as IG: dm) on your desktop to get access to Instagram messages on your PC. How does IG: dm work? Is it appropriate to check Instagram messaging app via a desktop app?
- IG: dm is an open-source project, therefore a free device that can be downloaded on your PC. Setting up and installing it is simple, following the same process as you do for any other software.
- After installation, click on the Instagram icon and connect to your Instagram account by logging in with the credentials. The login screen will look identical to the one you see on your Android device or iPhone.
- IG: dm makes most of the official Instagram applications. You can continue direct messaging, disable read receipts on the text messages, check the list of Instagram followers, and review the Instagram profile not following you back.
- You can also explore any Instagram user and start text messages via direct messaging.
- So, if you’re peeking for sending and receiving Instagram messages on a computer, you can get your hands on IG: dm.
- Its easy-to-use interface and free availability make it an excellent medium to check the Instagram messaging app on PC.
How To Check Instagram Messages On Computer Through Chrome Extension?
Did you know you can easily add a Chrome Extension to your browser and check out the Instagram website? Let’s see how to go about it.
- Open your Chrome browser and press this link.
- You will be brought to the Chrome Extension that enables you to get access to Instagram messages on your PC. The extension is called App for Instagram with DM. The interface is similar to the mobile application.
- Next, click on Add to Chrome.
- Once you have the extension added, you can see the Instagram web version and access your Instagram profile on the web browser.
- So, you can access your Instagram inbox with the help of a Chrome extension. Isn’t that great!
How To Check Instagram Messages On Computer Through Inspect Element In Browser?
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open Mozilla Firefox. Now, log in to the web version of your Instagram account.
- Next, right-click anywhere on the page and press on inspect element.
- In the Inspect element mode that you see, however through the page and click on Responsive Design Mode.
- It corresponds to the icon of a cell phone. As soon as you tap on it, tap on the ‘cross’ icon next.
- Next, you will have to choose your Android device or iPhone from the options in the drop-down menu.
- They might also have a phone type already selected for you by default. You will find it in the upper-middle part of the page.
- Restore your page if you do not see any changes.
- Tap on the DM icon to get access to your Instagram messaging app. Now, you can access your Instagram DM on the computer, just like on your mobile device.
Note: You can also use multiple Instagram accounts. You can see the Instagram post, Instagram stories, and Instagram followers for the various accounts.
How To Check Instagram Messages By Using An Android Mirror?
Not everyone is comfortable with using an Android emulator like Bluestacks. The process is not very convenient, takes time, and might cause your system to slow down as these third-party apps damage your device.
So, another possible way to check Instagram messages on the computer is by using an Android mirror. You can either use the built-in mirror feature presented by Windows 10 computers or resort to another Android app that permits you to mirror your device. Here’s how you can connect your phone’s Instagram account to your PC:
- Visit the search option in your Windows 10 gadget and type in ‘Connect.’
- Next, proceed to ‘settings’ on your Android smartphone.
- Once the settings are open, click on ‘display’ first, then swab on ‘cast’.
Note: Please note that the settings options are different for each device, relying on the manufacturer or the brand. For instance, if you are a Samsung user, you will notice ‘Smart View’ written. Select your PC’s name from the available devices you see on display.
- Go back to the Connect Application on your Windows 10 computer, and you will be competent to mirror your phone screen on your PC successfully.
Open your Instagram account and relish your time off on the big screen! Once you have access to the Instagram mobile application, click on the DM icon, and chat with your social media friends and Instagram followers. You will also be able to see the Instagram post and Instagram story. Users can also use numerous accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is my Instagram inbox not functioning on my laptop?
One of the most critical and probable reasons that cause Instagram DM glitch is the bugs preserved in your application’s cache. Therefore, if you notice no one blocked you or are not trying to contact a deactivated Instagram user, try clearing your Instagram cache to solve the issue.
2. Why can’t I see my Instagram messages?
Instagram is unleashing a new update to raise the Vanish Mode in Direct Message, allowing you to see who is taking screenshots or recording your messages. If you cannot see the messages or Instagram DM is not working, it can be due to Instagram’s latest update.
Instagram is a big hit with users across the globe. It permits its users to have multiple accounts, and you can skillfully manage various Instagram accounts. Users can also organise Instagram posts. However, if, for some cause, you don’t or can’t use your phone, we have detailed the different ways to check Instagram messages on a computer.
But, you cannot access all the features through these applications on your browser. So, you can access the Instagram website by using Instagram’s application for desktop, BlueStacks, an Android emulator, or IG: dm.
People who use social media like Twitter, Facebook Messenger feature, and Whatsapp on the desktop must be happy that now you can use Instagram direct message service too. Use Instagram desktop to promptly reply to your Instagram followers and not skip out on any chances of engagement.
I hope you have understood how to check Instagram messages on your PC? If you have any queries, do ask in the comment section.
Thank you for reading.