How To Change Name On Tinder? | 2 Methods To Resolve It Now
Tinder is a well-known application for meeting strangers and chatting with them. No matter where you live, you can install Tinder and meet someone as per your needs. But the question is arising, again and again, can we change name on tinder? How can we resolve this issue?
Tinder comes first when it comes to chatting with strangers since it is a very popular, common, and handy app compatible with multiple platforms. You know what you can unmatch someone easily and most people don’t know this trick. Let’s assume that you have a Tinder profile, but your name has a spelling mistake or maybe you’re regretting the nickname you operated when you first set up your Tinder account, or you’re anxious about privacy — whatever the reason, you desire to change name on Tinder. So, can you?
According to Tinder’s help pages, no. But unfortunately, fuel doesn’t deliver any way to edit your title or age after you’ve set up your account. But don’t worry. You still have options if you want to change name on Tinder.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you can take to change name on Tinder.
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Change Name On Tinder By Facebook-
1. Open the Facebook app. Adjusting your Facebook name will automatically sync your new name to your Tinder profile.
- If you don’t have a mobile application, you can open Facebook in your browser.
- If your Tinder account is not connected to Facebook, there’s no method to modify your name.
- You can delete your account and make a new one, reset your profile, and delete all your matches.
2. Tap the topmost button on the menu bar. It will open your navigation menu on a renewed page.
- It’s on the base right on iPhones and the top right on Android.
3. Scroll down and swab Settings & Privacy. This will extend the sub-menu options.
4. Tap Settings. This will open your Account Settings spot.
5. Dab Personal Information underneath Account Settings. You can view and edit your name, email address, phone number, references, and additional account settings here.
6. Tap Name. It’s at the top of the carrier. This will let you edit your profile title on a new page.
7. Edit your name in the name boxes. You can tap any of the three text boxes on this page and revise your first, middle, and last names.
- The top box is the foremost name.
- The second box is the centre name. You can leave it blank if you don’t want to utilize it.
- The underside box is the last name.
8. Swab Review Change. This is a blue control at the bottom. It will open a preview of your further profile name.
9. Enter your password on the Preview carrier. Then, swab the password box at the base, and enter your Facebook password to ensure you are changing your name.
10. Tap Save Changes. This is a blue button at the base. It will instantly save and show your new name on your Facebook profile. Your Tinder name will be automatically edited with your new Facebook name.
11. Check your new name on Tinder. When you open Tinder, your profile name will automatically revise with your new Facebook name.
- Recognize that your profile should describe your personality, interests, and lifestyle.
- You should undoubtedly state the reason for being on Tinder.
- It will help attract the people who are the proper fit for you.
Note: If you have joined tinder using your mobile number, I’ve got a bad report. There is no method to change name on tinder other than deleting the current tinder account and creating a new one.
Start Over With A New Tinder Account
If you’ve decided you need to change name on Tinder, the key they offer is to delete your Tinder profile and begin over.
Starting over is no big deal if your account is brand new when you notice a spelling mistake or that you’ve somehow used the wrong name. But if you’ve been operating the account for a while, you might dread having to dab “delete account.”
ALSO SEE, The Right Best Time To Use Tinder Boost
If you delete your Tinder account, you’ll lose everything. However, all of your existing matches and messages will proceed. So think carefully before deleting Tinder. It could be worth sending a message to your matches and questioning their phone number so you’ll always be able to keep in touch even after you delete your Tinder account.
If you decide to begin with a new Tinder profile, you’ll have to delete your current Tinder account and log in for a new one. Add the new name when filling out profile data, and make it foolproof that you choose something you’ll be pleased with for a long time.
Not only is this the manner that Tinder suggests, but if you logged up for Tinder with your phone number or mobile number, it’s also your only choice.
Can You Use A Fake Name On Tinder?
Yes, using a fake name on fuel is possible. But doing so requires changing your name on Facebook or creating another Tinder account from scratch.
Once you have created a new Facebook account with a fake name, register on your fuel with this account. The fake name will emerge on your tinder profile.
Both Tinder and Facebook want people to use their real names and real identities on their profiles. And both apps are looking out for people who break these rules. They’ve created these policies for good reason: to help keep users safe.
ALSO SEE: Bumble – A Forward-Looking Dating App
If you’re planning to bend these rules for some reason, just remember that you’re risking getting banned from one or both platforms. So think carefully about whether changing names is the only option for getting the results you’re looking for.
Is Changing Other Tinder Settings Easy?
Tinder creates changing your name or age difficult, but other profile settings can be easily adjusted.
Swab the profile icon and then choose “Edit Info.” You can scroll through everything from gender to sexual orientation to job and location.
For evident reasons, your name online tells a lot about you. Your information should be easily found on Facebook, Tinder, and other social media profiles. Make sure your name and other information symbolize you online in a way you can feel good about.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I modify my display name on Tinder?
Your name and age are the only elements of your profile you can’t change after making an account. You can delete your account and start over if you need to edit one or both.
2. How do I delete my Tinder name?
Open Tinder. Dab the profile icon. Go to Settings. Scroll down and swab Delete Account.
3. Why can’t I revise my Tinder profile?
Updates to your bio, photos, or Spotify Anthem not sticking? Ensure your internet connection is powerful, and then delete and reinstall the application, which will put you on the latest version of Tinder and refresh your application experience, which should get things operating smoothly again!
4. Does Tinder display your last name?
Because dating apps like Tinder and Bumble only demonstrate people’s first names when swiping through the app, last names remain a mystery unless you ask—because of that, asking someone’s last name is taken as a sign that the relationship is evolving more serious. It also signifies that every date is half-blind.
5. Is Bumble better than Tinder?
Bumble is more promising than Tinder if you’re looking for a serious relationship. Bumble was formed by one of Tinder’s founders who wanted to create a more “women-friendly” application. The matches are of higher quality overall, and many of the women you’ll find on the application are “meet-the-parents-ready” marriage material.
Bringing It To An End
You can set your preferred name from scratch. Whether it was a small spelling mistake or a complete name change, you can fix both issues with the help of this guide.
That’s all to know about How To Change Name On Tinder! We hope this tutorial will help you. If you have queries, do ask in the comment section. We will be delighted to help you.
Thank you for reading.