How To Block People On Snapchat With The New Update (2022)
How to block people on Snapchat or any other social media platform, is something we should know so that we can avoid abusive content and keep our profile good going. Social media platforms like Snapchat, are the best way to enjoy the free time of your day, Posting whatever you want, chatting with friends and new people, live sessions, and more.
On Snapchat we post everything, From happy to sad and from funny to Awkward we share every moment with our friends But sometimes because of these platforms, we face trolls and bullies who brutally affect us. And the best way to avoid such abusive and annoying people is to block them.
If being abusive is their choice then blocking them and staying away from them is our choice and we must do the same because it takes nothing to be rude but after reading such things how the other person feels is best known to them, it is better to Block such people. In this article, You can find How you can Block and unblock people on Snapchat and what happened when you block people on Snapchat, and How you can Unblock people on Snapchat. All you need to do is just Open Snapchat>go to friends list>and block them>.
Table of Contents
How To Block People On Snapchat?
Snapchat is a very popular app and most people use it, people have fun using it and find it interesting whether in the terms of its availability of varieties of filters, Avatars, or in terms of their advanced features.
It is easy for people to be abusive that too where message disappears after viewing, which makes it difficult to keep any proof of their misbehaving. All you need to do is just block such annoying people from your account.
Following are the steps in which you can Block someone on Snapchat.
1. Open your Snapchat account on your iPhone or Android, Click on the Profile icon appearing on the upper-left side.
2. Scroll down and Find <My friends> Option on the profile page
3. Then tap and hold on to the contact You want to block
4. In the result, three options will Pop-up tap on <Manage Friendship>
5. On the next pop-up, Click on <Block>
After doing the last step, That person whom you’ve blocked will no longer be able to message you or see your stories.
Also Read- How to Setup Snapchat on a mac device?
What will happen if you block someone on Snapchat?
Now the question arises what will happen after Blocking somebody from my account?
Here is what happens after Blocking somebody on Snapchat.
- The person you’ve Blocked will be unable to send you Snaps/messages
- The person you’ve Blocked will be unable to see your stories
- The person you’ve Blocked will be removed from your friend list
- The person you’ve Blocked will be unable to Add you as a friend
- The person you’ve Blocked will be unable to find you on Snapmap
All in all the Blocked person will no longer bother you, now you can do whatever you want without any panic.
How can I Unblock People on Snapchat?
Have you changed your mind about somebody you blocked earlier and now you want to reconnect with them on Snapchat? Unblocking people on Snapchat is as easy as blocking them, Sometimes we mistakenly Block our friends or we block them to do pranks on them on Snapchat, and later decide to Unblock them, here are the easy steps to Unblock people on Snapchat.
1. Open the Snapchat app tap and on the Bitmoji appearing in the upper-left corner of your screen
2. Tap on the Gear-shaped icon appearing on your upper-right side of the screen to open Settings
3.Scroll Down to <Account Action> section than tap on <Blocked>
4. You’ll find the list of the people you’ve blocked earlier. Tap on the Contact, you want to Unblock
5. On the popup, confirm and Tap on Yes if you want to Unblock the Selected Contact.
After this, that username will no longer appear on your Blocked list. Once you unblock Someone on Snapchat, you will be able to see their profiles but to send messages/Snaps, see their Stories or Contact, You’ll need to add them as Friends again.
Also Read- How to hack someone’s Snapchat?
1. Do Snapchat let the Blocked people know that you’ve Blocked them?
No, Snapchat does not send any notification to a Blocked person if you block them but there are some ways in which a blocked person can figure out if you’ve blocked them. your chats from the blocked person’s account will disappear, if they checked and did not find it, they will easily get to know that you have blocked them.
2. Do the snaps got deleted on blocking someone?
Blocking somebody can disappear their chats but can not delete the snaps you’ve shared or snaps shared by them, you can restore them any time by unblocking them again, however, you will have to add them again to be friends with them
3. What happens After unblocking someone on Snapchat?
After unblocking someone on Snapchat, you will be able to see their profile. however, to send messages and to see their stories you will need to add them as friends first.
4. How to change the gender on Snapchat?
To change the gender on Snapchat, first, open the app>go to settings>Go to bitmoji option>then tap on unlike my bitmoji option> after this you will need to create a new avatar for your account.
In the above article, I have answered the most-asked question on Snapchat, ‘How to Block and Unblock people on Snapchat’. Easy Steps with the pictures are mentioned in the Article. Follow all the steps one by one respectively to get the result. I have further mentioned Most-frequently asked questions, with their steps.
I hope the above-mentioned Information was helpful for you. Let us know in the comment section below if it helped. Thank you!