Are you also looking out to work with Subway? But firstly what is Subway? It is a multinational fast-food restaurant that sells submarine sandwiches, wraps, beverages, cookies, and salads. They customize the order as per your needs. For example, there is an ample variety of toppings that can be added to your order but you always have a choice to choose what you need. It is a fast-food restaurant franchise that was founded in 1965 by seventeen-year-old Fred DeLuca and Peter Buck.
Table of Contents
Checkout How Old Do You Have To Be To Work At Subway (2022)
Do you know why Subway got so popular? The reason may be According to Business Insider the Subway franchise is the least expensive franchise or reason maybe is the mesmerizing aroma of the bread. One more reason is the different types of toppings from that you can choose. Now If we talk about working at subway, there is a particular age of working with Subway that is 16 years, but in different cities, if you want to work at the age of 15 you have to get permission from the state. There are some facts that need to be considered while you are thinking to work with Subway-
- There is a fixed age to work with Subway that is 16 years.
- Working hours are usually from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM, but it varies from location to location.
- There are some designations for the applicants such as team member, sandwich artist, manager, assistant manager, shift manager, multi-unit manager.
- Some duties of the employees are, running the cash register, making sure the dining area and the kitchen should remain clean, and restocking the sandwich area.
Not every designation requires experience such as Sandwich Artist.
- Sandwich artists greet the customers and prepare the food.
- They also maintain and operate the cash records.
- The minimum Pay rate for a Sandwich Artist is $8.
- Their other duties include such as cleaning the kitchen area, restocking the food area.
- To get this post applicants requires a high school diploma and managerial experience
- Their pay scale is ranging from $23k to $45k per year.
- They ensure that workers must ensure food safety by following the cleanliness and sanitization standards.
- Managers must ensure the security of their stores or outlets.
- To get this post you must have experience in food servicing and a high school diploma. General knowledge of computers is helpful for them.
- The salary of an Assistant manager is around $10 per hour.
- Managing staff and recommending promotions are the main duties of an assistant manager.
There are a few more things that you need to know-
- The employees at subway greet and serve the customers very patiently.
- Cleanliness and Sanitization should be maintained all the time.
- There should be no compromise with the quality, standard, and procedures.
- Employees have to conversate with the customer and explain the menu to them.
- The work given to the team members is dependent on the size of the store.
- The role of both the cashier and the sandwich artist can be performed by one employee if the store is small.
Perks of Working At Subway
There are many benefits or perks that Subway provides to their employees, such as health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, and other healthcare coverage. Employees are also benefitted from paid time offs, life insurances, flexible scheduling because of the education hours, they also get food discounts and retirement plans also. There are some more Benefits like-
- Job Training
- Soft Skill Training
- Team outings
- International relocation
- Free Transport
- Work from home
- Child care
- Education Assistance
- Performance Bonuses
- Retirement Plans
How To Apply For Jobs At Subway
For applying at Subway you will have to fill out a job application if you wish to work at one of the outlets at the company’s headquarters. Subways have many opportunities for the applicants and these franchised outlets are completely independent. You can apply for a job by two methods i.e. online or by manually filling out a paper form which is named by store application.
There are two types of methods from which you can apply at Subway-
- Store Application- In this method applicant has to manually fill out the form and submit it to the store of the desired location where the applicant wants to work. But this method has one drawback that at one time you can apply only at one store and for every store, you have to fill out a paper form manually and submit it to the particular store of the particular location.
- Online Method- In this method you have to fill out the forms online on the application site and can apply directly from there. There is no need to go manually to the store and fill out the form. You can apply at multiple stores at one time. This method will save you energy and a lot of time.
- Click here to apply online.
Many of the Subway stores also accept the paper applications in person and if you want to apply in this form you will have to contact the particular store owner where you want to work as per your suited location. But this method has a drawback which is when you apply through the store application process you only apply at one store and when you apply through the online mode of application you can apply at my stores at a time. If you want to apply at different stores but by the store application method, you will have to submit separate forms to each store.
Required Information To Apply
You will have to provide some of your personal information for completing an application form such as-
- Your full name
- Street Address
- Your personal and home contact number
- If you have worked in any of the Subway stores previously, you have to mention the dates
- A statement that you’re at least 16 years old.
- whether you want to apply for a full time or part-time job
- Schooling details (every detail has to be mentioned)
- Which skills do you have
- Any employment history, if yes then mention the company’s name, address, telephone number, your designation, supervisor, starting and ending dates, your pay scale, and the reason for leaving that job
- Training completed
Checkout Some Basic Interview Questions that can be asked
However, there are limitless questions that can be asked in an interview. Each and every question cannot be grasped by every applicant. But still, we have something to help you out before going for the interview at Subway. You can take help and get hints of the questions that can be asked.
- Have you ever dealt with money before in your life?
- While having so much of fast food companies in the market, why did you only choose Subway to work at?
- They may also ask, “why should we hire you”?
- Why do you think you are the right candidate for the company?
- Are you enough reliable to take responsibility?
There are some more things that you need to know about applying for a job at subway at the time of the interview you have to make sure that you look into every detail before applying. So, I really hope that this information has helped you with what you are looking for if you have any questions you can ask them in the comments section.
Till then Happy Learning!
Look over some FAQ’s
Can I work at Subway at the age of 14?
Though the starting level roles are desirable under 25s. But from my knowledge, everyone who has to be hired must be above 16 years.
Is it easy to get a job at Subway?
Subway job applicants must submit an application form to the desired location. The Subway interview process is very short and simple. This procedure takes only one to two weeks to complete.
How long is Subway Training?
The Subway training usually wraps up in 5 days. Every day you can learn new tasks and from the fifth day, you will be expected to recall and remember all procedures that you learned during the last four days of the training.