Do you also feel like privatizing your photos on Facebook? There can be many reasons to do this, some do this for safety concerns and some do to get security from scammers and frauds that can take the advantage of original users of the platform.
Facebook has some customizable features to solve this issue of its original users, which allows you to hide your photos or videos from other people. You can set or adjust the settings according to your choice, whether you only want your friends to see your pictures or you can also choose the friends who can see your pictures and videos on Facebook.
Table of Contents
How can you privatize your photos on Facebook?
You have to follow some steps through which you can privatize your whole album of pictures or selected pictures.
- First of all, open the Facebook App on your device and log into your account.
- Then from your profile, go to the Photos tab on Facebook.
- Then, look for the photos that you want to make private under Albums.
- Now, go to the suitable album, then click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Now, tap on Edit. You’ll see a section that says “Friends” or “Public” with an icon showing two people. Click that to change the people who can see your album.
- From here, you can handle who can view the album. You can select Only Me if you do not want anyone else to see this album and make it private.
- Then click the back arrow and click Save (on desktop) or Done (on mobile). This will privatize all photos in your Facebook album.
And, if you don’t want to make the photos totally private and want to share them, just with more restricted people, you can select the people options from Friends, Friends except, or Specific friends.
How can you privatize the individual pictures?
Do you know you can also privatize your individual pictures if you don’t want to privatize your whole album? There is a category of pictures that you can privatize, do you know them? no? don’t worry I will tell you!
Here are the categories-
- Mobile photos
- Photos of you
- Cover photos
- Timeline Photo
- Profile photos
Steps to make a single photo private on Facebook-
- Firstly, open the Facebook app and log in to your respective account.
- Then, go to your profile and click the Photos tab. Then choose the photo you want to make private. Click the three dots in the top right junction.
- Now, tap on Edit privacy.
- You can change the privacy setting to Only Me to hide the photo from your timeline and make it private.
- Your new privacy settings will automatically save.
You also have the choice to choose other audience options if you don’t want to entirely hide the photo and just want to make it visible to a few audiences.
How can you hide your photos on Facebook in the future?
When you will post another post in the future, the privacy settings will automatically follow the previous settings that you’ve done in the previous post settings. If you set the audience to “only me” This will be the default setting of your next post. Before uploading the next post make sure to check the privacy settings of your account. This will protect your privacy and will make you aware if you are accidentally sharing your photos with the public that you don’t want to. This step will give a plus point to scammers to take advantage.
Also, read- 8 Hacks to delete watched videos on Facebook.
How can you hide your tagged photos on Facebook?
Do you know you can also hide or privatize the photos in which you are tagged? To know the detail of this trick you will have to perform these quick steps-
- Open the Facebook app and go to the top right corner.
- Keep scrolling till it reaches the settings.
- Scroll down to Audience and visibility and tap profile and tagging.
- Select the category of people who can see the posts in which you are tagged.
- Now, choose the people who can see the posts in which you are tagged.
Can you check who viewed your featured photos?
- Firstly, log in to your Facebook account and go to your Facebook profile page.
- Now, choose the photo or video that you want to check.
- Then, Click on the number of people below the photo and video.
- Then you can see all people who have seen your photos on videos.
You can also watch the video of privatizing the featured photos on Facebook-
Regularly check your profile in View As mode to see if you may have accidentally posted anything with the public that you did not want to. Doing this check regularly will help ensure you notice any of these photos right away. Recall that the longer these photos are shared publicly on social media, the higher the chances of a scammer getting a hold of it.
It will not only protect your data but will also protect the privacy of your friends, family, and loved ones. So this was all the information I had to share with you all. I hope you liked the information and this solved your problem. You can ask us your queries anytime.
Till then Happy Learning!
You can also read- How to make an Oculus account without a Facebook account.