Can you hide apps on iPhone? Absolutely! We’ll guide you on how to hide apps on iPhone by using several various methods, each with its advantages based on why you desire to hide apps on iPhone in the first place. Keep reading to comprehend how to hide apps on iPhone for privacy or other reasons.
Periodically you need to hide apps on iPhone from others who might snoop, yourself if you’re addicted to a certain game, or review your Facebook messages like I am. With Smart Recommendations for applications, you can order that an app not be presented (thereby hiding the app). You can also hide apps on your iPhone by using application folders and there is a complaint also that sometimes your iPhone got stuck in between but no worries we have a solution here for your problem.
By the way, in addition, you can hide apps on iPhone Search and in your iPhone’s App Store purchase history to take it even additionally. Finally, you can even get rid of most of Apple’s pre-installed applications and hide the App Store itself while you’re at it. Hiding apps is not a long procedure you can easily hide apps on iPhone even by splitting the screen or doing multi-tasking.
Where Do Apps Go When You Hide Apps on iPhone?
Unless you thoroughly remove an app from your iPhone by deleting it, it will still be stored in the App Library on the right-most page of your iPhone Home screen. At the very least, this indicates you can either search the App Library to find the missing app on your iPhone or use Spotlight Search to see it.
So rest ensured that as you work through the numerous methods in this article for how to hide apps on iPhone, you’ll always be able to discover the app when you require it! Each section will give you extra details on where apps are located when using the hiding method summarised in that area.
How to Withdraw Apps from Home Screen Using Siri & Search?
This section will show you how to hide apps on iPhone in Settings and unhide a hidden app when required. Don’t worry; when you remove apps from the Home screen, you can always find them with Search, in the App Library, and in Settings.
How to hide apps on iPhone Home screen using Settings?
We will discuss this step by step for your understanding. So come, let’s learn them without wasting any time.
- Open Settings.
- Dab Siri & Search.
- Scroll down to the app section and pick the app you desire to hide.
- Toggle off Show on Home Screen. When you’re done, the toggle should appear grey
- .5.To unhide apps on your iPhone from the Home screen, repeat this process; rather than toggling Show on the Home screen off, toggle it back on.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone from Smart Suggestions easily?
Smart Suggestions utilizes Siri’s intelligence to predict and present apps or shortcut suggestions for your use based on your use patterns. However, this does mean that you may see suggestions for apps you’d rather not utilize as frequently (anyone else trying to cut around on Pokémon GO?) or that you use so frequently that you already have a particular widget set up for them and don’t need to see them in recommendations.
So here’s how to hide apps on iPhone from being suggested by Smart Suggestions step by step:
1. Your Suggestions widget will look like a normal cluster of app icons on your iPhone Home screen.
2. Press and hold the icon for the application you’d like to hide from Suggestions.
3. A menu will come. For example, tap Don’t Suggest “[app name]” and catch a lowermost message pop up.
4. Dab on the red choice that says Don’t Suggest “[app name]”and provide your phone a second or two to answer.
5. You’ve just hidden this application from Smart Suggestions! Don’t trouble. The application is yet on your phone; it’s just not proceeding to pop up in your Smart Suggestions widget anymore.
How to Hide Apps on iPhone Using the App Library easily?
Your iPhone will contain the App Library if you run iOS 14 or iOS 15. We have a checklist of which devices can update to the latest iOS located here, so you may like to review the list if you’re utilizing an iPhone 5, iPhone 6, or an identical older model. In addition, here’s how to hide apps on iPhone App Library, which allows you to hold them out from your Home screen.
1.Press and hold the app icon for the app you desire to hide.
2. A menu will come. Tap on Remove App.
3. A second menu will arise. Tap on Move to App Library.
This medium will hide apps on iPhone App Library. Since it’s easy to see hidden apps in the App Library, you can always change your mind and add them back to your Home screen later.
ALSO SEE: iPhone 11 Series Stuck On Apple Logo?
How to Hide Apps on iPhone Using App Folders?
The best way to hide apps on iPhone within a folder is to load the first pages with apps you’re not trying to hide.
1. Choose a folder that already exists on your iPhone (preferably a boring one, like Utilities) or make a new app folder.
2. Press and hold any app icon until the Action Menu appears
3.Choose Edit Home Screen.
4. Hold and drag the app you’re hiding into the folder of your preference.
5. Drag the applications to the right to place them on the second page of the folder (only the applications on the first page of the folder are observable on the Home screen).
6. If you actually want to hide apps in your folders, you can create up to 12 pages in a folder as long as each page has one application. That simply means you could have a folder with 11 pages of apps you only sometimes use, and hide apps on the iPhone or on the twelfth page.
This method doesn’t completely hide apps on iPhone, but it sure makes it tough to accidentally come across them.
Bringing It To An End
You can try any of the above methods to hide apps on iPhone as we discussed step by step four methods. However, do share in the comment section if this article is helpful to you or not.
Thank you for reading.