Are you searching for discord stuck on checking for updates? Even though Discord keeps saying that it’s checking for updates, why are you still there? One of the most common problems we encounter is that the Discord update has failed. The Discord update failed loop is shown in this case. Consequently, you are unable to access or update Discord any longer.
Discord not updating errors can be easily fixed, and there are a number of methods you can use to do so. Please read through the following list of fixes for discord updates to make it work in future. The Discord logo and the message “Checking for updates” are the first things you’ll see when you open Discord on a PC or Mac.
Every time Discord starts up, it checks to see if your version of the program is up to date with the most recent one. You won’t even notice if you open Discord every day because it updates so quickly that you can get back to your servers. Let’s get right to the point and avoid wasting any more time.
Discord Stuck On Checking For Updates?
Several factors contribute to updates on Discord becoming stuck:-
1. Discord is unable to download your updated files because of a network problem or a weak internet connection.
2. On your PC, Discord does not have the necessary permissions to complete the update process, so it cannot do so.
3. Discord servers can go down at any time.
4. Your system’s Discord cache files are corrupted, resulting in this problem. If this happens, you’ll need to delete all of Discord’s files and then re-download and re-install the app from its official website.
5. Discord is unable to update due to anti-virus software blocking the process.
In this article, we’ll show you how to fix the issue Discord by checking for updates all the time.
How To Fix Discord Stuck On Checking For Updates?
For the discord stuck downloading update issue, there are numerous options. I’ll be looking at the following approaches in this article:
1. Check the discord Server
If Discord’s server is currently down, this could be the source of the issue. Discord may be experiencing a service outage or a technical problem. As a result, the CHECKING FOR UPDATES screen is permanently displayed in Discord. As a result, make sure Discord’s services are up and running by checking the server status.
There is nothing you can do if you discover that Discord’s servers are currently unavailable. Wait a little while and keep trying again. If the problem isn’t with the server, you can move on to a different approach to fixing it.
2. Discord should now be running in administrator mode
Due to a lack of administrator rights, Discord might not be able to download and install updates and remain on the CHECKING FOR UPDATES screen. Discord can be run as an administrator to fix the problem if that is the case.
In order to run Discord.exe as an administrator, simply right-click on it and select Run as administrator from its context menu. The issue has been resolved, so if you’d like to make Discord run as an administrator all the time, follow these instructions:
1. After launching File Explorer, locate the Discord.exe file and double-click on it.
2. Once you’ve done that, right-click on the Discord.exe file and then select Properties from the context menu that appears.
3. Afterward, click on Compatibility to reveal a new checkbox labelled “Run this program as administrator.”
4. To put your changes into effect, simply click the Apply > OK button.
5. You can see if the issue is resolved by relaunching the Discord app.
If this method doesn’t work, try the next possible fix to resolve the problem.
3. Shutdown and Reboot Your Computer/Router
In order to fix the problem, you may want to restart your computer and your networking device (such as a router). This may be a temporary system malfunction. You can try restarting your computer to see if the problem is solved by doing so.
In addition, a network problem may have been triggered by a bad router cache. There are many ways to fix this problem, including restarting your router. It’s possible to power cycle your router using the following steps:
1. First, turn off your router by pressing and holding the power button at the same time.
2. Once the device is unplugged, wait for at least 30 to 45 seconds before turning it back on.
3. Plug the router’s power cord back into the switchboard and turn it on.
4. Connect to the internet and open Discord to see if the issue has been resolved.
5. Try a different solution if this one doesn’t work for you.
4. Remove and reinstall Discord’s app data
Discord may be unable to update because of an issue with your firewall or antivirus software, leaving it perpetually on the CHECKING FOR UPDATES page. Your protection suite frequently mistakes downloaded update files for viruses owing to false positives. Therefore, if the scenario applies, you ought to be able to resolve the issue by turning off your firewall and antivirus. If the issue is fixed, you can try adding Discord to your firewall and antivirus whitelist.
Try the following probable solution if the problem still doesn’t get fixed.
5. Disable the Windows Defender security service
Microsoft’s security software, Windows Defender, frequently prevents several programs from automatically upgrading. You can try disabling Windows Defender for a few minutes and re-enabling it to see if that fixes the Discord stuck on updating problem. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
1. To begin, select the Windows icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Then, go to Settings > Update and Security.
3. Next, select Windows Defender from the sidebar.
4. To finish, turn off real-time protection and you’re ready to start using the program.
5. After disabling Windows Defender, open Discord as an administrator and see if you are able to upgrade Discord.
6. Antivirus protection can be turned off
Do you have an anti-virus program installed on your Windows PC? If this is the case, you may be experiencing a discord update failure cycle.
To test if disabling antivirus has helped you resolve the problem, you might do so for a short period of time. When I’m running Avast Antivirus, I have to right-click on the Avast Shield Controls and disable it from there in order to remove it from my system.
Antivirus software isn’t unique in this regard. So before updating Discord, be sure to disable your antivirus first and check if that helps.
7. Message the Discord Help Desk
Discord stuck on checking for updates problem can’t be fixed using any of the aforementioned techniques. Discord support is your best bet if you’re having trouble.
Discord has a variety of ways to get in touch with customer service. It’s possible to submit a ticket on their Discord Support website for your issue.
How To Fix Discord Stuck On Checking For Updates Mac
You may be experiencing a Discord update loop on your Mac if the Discord server or network is down, or if your Discord cache files are corrupted or out of the current. Here are some tried-and-true ways to get Discord to stop looking for updates on Mac:
1. Check Discord Server
As a first step, you must ensure that the Discord server is up and running. As soon as this is done, your Mac version of Discord will be able to download any updates it receives from the Discord server. “All Systems Operational” is displayed on the Discord Status page if everything is running smoothly. If the server is down, you can wait and then re-update Discord.
2. To be sure, check your internet connection.
When Discord on Mac is stuck looking for updates, it could be because of an unstable or poor Internet connection. Is your Mac capable of browsing the web as if it were a PC? If this is not the case, the WiFi that is now connected will be rendered inoperable. Network-related issues on a Mac can be fixed by reconnecting the Wi-Fi and restarting the router, using an ethernet connection, or resetting network settings.
3. Restarting your Mac.
If your Mac’s internet connection is good and the Discord server is working properly, you can try restarting your computer if the Discord update fails. For a clean startup, it will shut down all of Mac’s processes. If the Discord is stuck on checking for updates as a result of a system fault, rebooting Mac may be able to help.
4. Delete temporary files from Discord.
The cache is a type of temporary data that is saved in order to speed up certain operations. One form of the cache file is the app cache. Clearing the cache of broken software on your Mac, such as the App Store not working on Mac or the Mac Touch Bar not working, will help fix the problem. When Discord is stuck looking for updates, many users find that deleting the Discord cache helps.
Remove Discord cache from Mac:-
1. Click Go > Go to Folder in the menu bar of Finder to access a folder on your Mac.
2. To get to Discord, put ‘discord’ into the search box and press Enter.
3. Right-click on the left menu and choose the cache, GPU cache, and code cache folders
4. To get rid of them, right-click them and select “Move to Trash.”
5. Discord’s cache can be removed completely by emptying the Trash on your Mac.
6. If the problem persists, restart Discord and try the upgrade process a second time.
5. Reinstall Discord if necessary.
It’s your final resort to delete and reinstall Discord if deleting the cache doesn’t help fix Discord stuck on searching for updates on Mac. Uninstalling programs will erase the data and files of Discord from your Mac; however, it takes further effort to remove app remnants in the Library folder.
Another option is to erase the Discord and then use iBoysoft Diskgeeker to get rid of the leftover garbage files. Install Discord on your Mac once more after this.
Q1. Why is my discord grey?
There may be a compatibility issue if Discord is stuck on a grey screen. It’s also possible that the issue is caused by a corrupted cache or a faulty software installation.
Q2. Why is discord not updating?
There’s a good risk that your PC’s Discord files are corrupted if it won’t update. The Discord client can be reinstalled in this situation.
Q3. Is it possible to have Discord update itself?
When using Discord on a computer, it will automatically update itself. It periodically checks for updates and installs them automatically. If you’ve blocked automatic app upgrades, you’ll need to do it yourself on your Android and iOS devices.
What you need to know is how to fix Discord Stuck On Checking For Updates from constantly checking for updates. Now it’s your turn to see if these methods work for you one by one, or if you need to try something else.
Please feel free to ask any additional questions about the discord update failed loop in the comments section below.