5 Benefits of Gardening Using Plastic Bottles and Pots
Gardening using plastic bottles does not mean that you are being eco-friendly or doing your part for the environment. It simply means that you have discovered a creative way to add convenience and fun to gardening. Plastic is a durable, lightweight material which makes it easy to carry around and gives your plants the support they need when watering. If you have been reluctant to get into the gardening habit because you did not like the idea of using tools or working with soil, you will be pleased to know that you can create your own garden using plastic bottles and simple gardening tools. The following are some gardening ideas using plastic bottles and other gardening tools:
– Gardening uses a large variety of containers to give your plants the support they need. However, having a large selection of containers in your garden can be overwhelming as well as time consuming. If you want to be able to easily select the appropriate container for your plant, using a water bottle will make the selection process much easier. Simply put the plant into the water bottle and when watering the plants take only small sips of water, instead of gulping entire gallons of water. This allows you to focus on more important tasks, such as taking care of the plants and tending to any weeds that may be growing.
– You will save a lot of yard work by using a potting bench to plant most of your flower and vegetable seeds. Most people tend to forget about this step in their gardening routine and just place everything in pots. Using a bench will eliminate the need to do this in the future, and it will also give your plants a better chance of survival. If you are not familiar with how to plant various vegetables or flowers the best way to go is to purchase a gardening book which will provide step-by-step instructions. You should also purchase some inexpensive gardening gloves to use while tending to your plants.
– Gardening with plastic bottles and pots also frees up your time. Instead of waiting for those stubborn weeds to come out, you can pull the plants out of the dirt and give them a good watering. You can even spray the soil before you place the plants in the plastic pots and just work on pulling them out. Since you will be using no water and chemicals, this will help the plants to come out faster and healthier.
– Gardening using plastic bottles and pots can also be fun and relaxing. If you are an outdoors kind of person, you will appreciate not having to water your plants every few days. By simply removing the plants from the pots, you can water them as needed. This saves you a lot of time and effort because you don’t have to take time out of your busy schedule to water your plants when you forget to water them.
– One of the best aspects of gardening using plastic bottles and pots is that they provide protection for the plant. No matter how hard you try, bugs and pests are always going to find their way into your garden and get into your plants. But by using plastic containers, these pests and insects cannot get in. This means that your garden will be free from them, which is important because they can spread disease and other problems to your plants.
– When you are gardening using plastic bottles and pots, it is also easier to keep clean. You can simply wash them after each use them immediately to wash off some of the dirt. This will help you maintain cleanliness and hygiene in your garden and make it easier for you to remove any unwanted plants or insects.
These are just some of the benefits of gardening using plastic bottles and pots. Of course, there are many others that you can enjoy when you have a garden. However, these are some of the best things so far that you can do with them. So get started today!