The Affair is an American television drama series that aired its first show on October 12, 2014, on Showtime. The show is created by Hagai Levi and Sarah Treem who were also appreciated for their work in the ‘House of Cards. The show gained popularity over the seasons among the fans and also has successfully managed to bag a Golden Globe award for Best Drama Series.
And all the credit goes to the creative writing and storytelling skills of the management. According to Critics, The Affair is a somber, bewitching exploration of truth and desire. The show has scored a valuable 7.9/10 stars on the IMDb, 86% of critics score on Rotten Tomatoes. The show has had five very successful seasons to date and with such great scores, these just five seasons were not enough for all the die-hard fans of the show. With that, the question arises if there is any chance of a sixth edition. Well, we are here to answer just that. So without any further ado Let’s get started:
Table of Contents
The Affair Season 6 Release Date 2022: Renewed or Cancelled?
The Affair Plot: What is it About?
The show revolves around the protagonists Noah Solloway and Alison Lockhart. They met at a casual dinner at a place where the female protagonist Alison Lockhart works met Noah Solloway. Noah is a struggling novelist in the show and is moving to Montauk, new york with his family. He is happily married and has four children but still feels a bit insecure by the fact that his entire family is dependent on the wealth of his father-in-law. With an inability to cater to the needs of his family and its financial security he had low self-esteem and within the moment he meets Alison. Whereas we can see Alison who is a local waitress trying very hard to overcome the tragic death of her four-year-old son as well as a disturbing marriage due to the tragic death. Alison also finds out the comfort by being with Noah
With all the moving seasons we can see the perspective of Noah’s wife Helen and Alison’s husband Cole as well. And the drama heats up when Alison’s brother-in-law dies, resulting in a police investigation and criminal trial. After that takes a time jump and we see Noah getting released from prison, and he soon has a new love interest, named Juliette. With the separation, Noah feels a bit lost as he is unable to connect with his children so he moves to Los Angeles to be closer to his children since his ex-wife has moved there and with the addition of Helen’s new partner Vik added up to more extramarital drama in the show. Season 4th ended up with Alison’s death which made all the fans devastated and sad. In season 5 which is the concluding season, the entire show revolves around Joanie (Alison’s daughter) trying to solve the mystery behind her mother’s death.
The Affair’s Final Season
Here Are The Affair’s Cast Section
- Dominic West will play his role as Noah Solloway.
- Ruth Wilson will deliver her role as Alison Bailey.
- Maura Tierney will be seen as Helen Butler.
- Joshua Jackson will portray the character of Cole Lockhart.
- Julia Goldani Telles will display the character of Whitney Solloway.
- Jake Siciliano will present the character of Martin Solloway.
- Jadon Sand will play his role as Trevor Solloway.
- Leya Catlett will deliver her role as Stacey Solloway.
- Josh Stamberg will portray the character of Max Cadman.
- Catalina Sandino will display the character of Moreno Luisa León.
- Omar Metwally will present the character of Vik Ullah.
- Irène Jacob will play her role of Juliette Le Gall.
- Sanaa Lathan will deliver her role as Janelle Wilson.
- Anna Paquin will be seen as Joanie Lockhart
Some Frequently Asked Questions Related To The Affair Season 6 –
No, unfortunately, there will be no season 6 of The Affair and it has been confirmed by the makers of the show that the fifth season was the concluding chapter of the series.