What To Do If Access To Snapchat Is Temporarily Disabled 2023? | 9 Easy Steps To Fix The Issue!
What makes you feel like a criminal but is not actually a crime? When your snapchat account gets disabled temporarily. Today we show you what to do if access to snapchat is temporarily disabled and how to reverse it. There could be many reasons why your account can get disabled by snapchat and it could depend on something you did or something being wrong with the app.
In any case, all you need to know is the reason for your disablement and then take corrective measures to reverse it. If it is something trivial then your account will be active within no time, but if the reason is something more serious then it might take a bit longer.
If you see that your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled then don’t worry there are many fixes that you can apply to fix this problem and get back to uploading your snaps with trending filters and effects. You can uninstall third-party apps or you can contact snapchat;
How to fix when access to snapchat is temporarily disabled? Open your web browser>click on contact us>click on my account login>select my account was hacked>tap yes>add account details>state your issue>click send.
Table of Contents
What To Do If Access To Snapchat Is Temporarily Disabled?
If you see the message snapchat temporarily disabled being flashed on your screen then take it literally because your account has been disabled by snapchat for the time being. It can be either because you decided to YOLO and do something dumb on the app or it can be because snapchat is facing some technical difficulties which aren’t allowing you to access your account.
But most of the time the reason is you. There are a lot of reasons that can bring you to this point in your life which will be discussed later in the article. But for now, here is what you can do if your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled.
Open your web browser>click on contact us>click on my account login>select my account was hacked>tap yes>add account details>state your issue>click send.
Step 1: Open your web browser and open the snapchat website on it.
Step 2: Scroll down to snapchat support.
Step 3: Next, click on contact us.
image courtesy: lifewire
Step 4: Access the menu bar and click on my account login.
Step 5: Select my account was hacked from the oh no! tell us more option.
Step 6: A confirmation box will appear, tap yes to move forward.
Step 7: Add account details like your email ID and username.
Step 8: Include a message that states your issue.
Step 9: Click send and wait for snapchat to send you a response.
Reason For Why Access To Snapchat Is Temporarily Disabled
When you see that your account has been disabled, many questions can come to your mind asking what was the reason (in Cardi B’s voice). Your first instinct might be to close the app and restart it but that won’t work unless it’s a technical issue.
When you see the message that your account has been disabled it means that things have gotten serious. It usually means there has been an issue on your end or there are external entities trying to harm your account. Here is the list of reasons why your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled.
- The primary reason your snapchat account is temporarily disabled is that you have violated some terms and conditions of snapchat. For example, if you are found sending threats, explicit messages or spamming other users, or if you are uploading inappropriate content on snapchat then get ready to have your account suspended.
- Your account can be disabled by snapchat because they are trying to protect your account from a hacking attack.
- If you ignore a mail from snapchat asking you to change your password because they think your account is vulnerable, then in that case also snapchat will temporarily disable your account because it will think the account has already been tampered with.
- If snapchat suspects that you are using third-party apps then it will disable your account temporarily.
- When you add too many friends on snapchat, especially when your email ID hasn’t been verified then it can also become a reason for snapchat to disable your account temporarily.
- If you use snapchat from different devices then also it can become a reason for disablement.
- Entering the wrong password too many times can also disable your account temporarily.
- Accessing your account through a device banned by snapchat can also disable your account.
- If your account has been dealing in suspicious activities then also it becomes a cause for disablement.
Now that you know the reason what to do if access to snapchat is temporarily disabled, use the process list above to unlock your account and gain back access. But there is another way by which you can avoid being stuck in this position.
Don’t be a badass on snapchat. Use the app responsibly and according to the rules and try to be as cautious as possible when it comes to your privacy. Don’t give snapchat a chance to suspect you and block your account.
But if you still are in that position then all that’s left to do is; Open your web browser>click on contact us>click on my account login>select my account was hacked>tap yes>add account details>state your issue>click send.
Frequently Asked Questions-
Q1. For how long does your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled lasts?
Ans. All temporary disablements last for an average of 24 – 48 hours but if you still cannot log into your account after 2 days then you need to contact snapchat.
Q2. What is the difference between a temporary ban and a permanent ban?
Ans. As the name suggests, a temporary ban only lasts for a few days but a permanent one is indefinite. When access to snapchat is temporarily disabled it happens due to many reasons listed above but a permanent ban happens if you seriously violate the rules and regulations of the app.
Q3. How to unlock a disabled snapchat account?
Ans. If your access to snapchat is temporarily disabled you have to wait for some time before you can unlock it again. Once that time comes you can go to the login page and tap unlock after putting in your username and password.